Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk mirroring
Operating Systems Solaris Disk mirroring Post 101328 by Ajwat on Tuesday 7th of March 2006 08:28:37 AM
Old 03-07-2006
Disk mirroring

Hi
I have two raw disk that I want to mirror and then create soft partition on that. Could someone please help in the steps required

c0t1d0
c0t0d0

Thanks
Ajwat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is disk mirroring in unix?

Can anyone give some answers on what is disk mirroring in Unix? It may be related to unix online backup. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk Mirroring?? have any idea???

After reading some books, I came across this idea of having a duplicate of your current hard drive on another second hard drive so that if the first hard drive happens to crash, the system can be up and running in quickly now, is there anybody in here who uses this method at work?? If there is,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPORTANT
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk mirroring under RedHat 8

I would like to build a new box that has the disk mirrored to another IDE disk on a different channel. Does anyone know if a RAID controller like the Promise is supported under RedHat 8, or should I use a software RAID. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk mirroring

Good Morning :) I have a new challenge to solve, I am going to write a new backup disk mirroring script. The current one, whcih is useing 'dd' caused some stalled systems :( Currently I am in the phase of experimenting with different methods, I was thinking about dump/restore afio/cpio or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcom
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Help !! disk Mirroring

Hi I have a Sunfire X4100 box with a 4 disk Chassis (although I only have 2 disks in it). I have been asked to add two more disks into the chassis so that I can mirror the original two using SVM .....Ive read through a couple of SVM docs but am finding it a little confusing, and if any of you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mirroring Disk Geometry

How can one mirror disk geometry from one hard disk to another in Solaris. Is disk snapshot same as a mirror? Pls explain. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lexusujx
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 Disk Mirroring

Has anyone managed to set up disk mirroring in Solaris 10 yet? If so can you point me in the direction of some useful documentation please. Cheers (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: korfnz
25 Replies

8. Solaris

Disk Mirroring on solaris 5.8

Hi Friends, I am having Sun Solaris 5.8 OS installed having 2 different size hard disk, sizes are c0t0d0s0(160 GB) and c0t2d0s0 (40GB). I have installed Sun Solaris 5.8 OS in c0t0d0s0 (160GB) harddisk. I have configured all the parameters required for disk mirroring. But when executing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
4 Replies

9. Solaris

disk mirroring

hi every body I'm new to solaris and I need your help in how to configure disk mirroring for 4 hard disks so that two of them will be replica to the other two ...??? Thanxx (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Disk Mirroring

Hi, How to identify whether the disk is being mirrored or not in RHEL (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies
raidctl(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       raidctl(1M)

NAME
raidctl - RAID hardware utility SYNOPSIS
raidctl -c disk1 disk2 raidctl -d disk1 raidctl [-f] -F filename controller... raidctl -l [controller...] DESCRIPTION
The raidctl utility creates, deletes, or displays RAID volumes of the LSI1030 HW Raid controllers that include RAID support. The utility also updates firmware/fcode/BIOS for both RAID and non-RAID controllers. The raidctl utility requires privileges that are controlled by the underlying file-system permissions. Only privileged users can manipulate the RAID system configuration. If a non-privileged user attempts to create or delete a RAID volume, the command fails with EPERM. Without options, raidctl displays the current RAID configuration on all exisiting controllers. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c disk1 disk2 (for on board) Create a mirror using disk1 and disk2. Replace the contents of disk2 with the contents of disk1. Specify disk1 and disk2 in canonical form, for example, c0t0d0. When you create a a RAID volume, the RAID volume assumes the identity of the first target in the disk pair (disk1). The second target (disk2) disappears from the system. Therefore, the RAID volume appears as one disk. To have a successful RAID creation, there must not already be a RAID configuration present on the specified controller. Additionally, the secondary disk must not be mounted, as it has all its data erased and replaced with the primary disk's data. -d disk1 (for on board) Delete the RAID volume specified as disk1. Specify disk1 in canonical form, for example, c0t0d0. -f (for HBA) Force an update. Do not prompt. -F filename controller (for HBA) Update the firmware running on the specified controller (controller). -l [controller ...] (for on board) List the system's RAID configuration. If controller is specified, list RAID configurations for controller. Output from the -l lists the following information: RAID Volume Displays logical RAID volume name. RAID Status Displays RAID status as either RESYNCING (disks are syncing), DEGRADED RAID is operating with reduced functionality), OK (operating optimally), or FAILED (non-functional). RAID Disk Displays RAID disk name. Disk Status Displays disk status as either OK or FAILED. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Creating the RAID Configuration The following command creates the RAID configuration: # raidctl -c c0t0d0 c0t1d0 RAID Volume 'c0t0d0' created Example 2: Displaying the RAID Configuration The following command displays the RAID configuration: # raidctl RAID RAID RAID Disk Volume Status Disk Status ---------------------------------------- c0t0d0 RESYNCING c0t0d0 OK c0t1d0 OK Example 3: Deleting the RAID Configuration The following command deletes the RAID configuration: # raidctl -d c0t0d0 RAID Volume 'c0t0d0' deleted Example 4: Updating Flash Images on the Controller The following command updates flash images on the controller: # raidctl -F lsi1030.fw 0 Update flash image on controller 0? (y/N): y Flash updated successfully EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Invalid command line input. 2 Request operation failed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 raidctl(1M)