Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with making a parameter check script. Post 101286 by GCTEII on Tuesday 7th of March 2006 02:30:15 AM
Old 03-07-2006
Thank u in advance!

Test OK !
[tester@test0102d test]$ cat sendmsg.sh
#!/bin/sh

## Parameter Check
cnt=0
for i in $@
do
PARAM[${cnt}]=${i}
echo ${PARAM[${cnt}]}
cnt=`expr ${cnt} + 1`
done

[tester@test0102d test]$ sh sendmsg.sh test test1 test2
test
test1
test2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check parameter variable?

Hello All, I have a script that will email out if the email address is specified as parameter 1. I am using ksh, and then tried the following : email=$1 Following did not work, I am getting error test -z $email test ${email:=" ") -eq " " test -n $email test ${?email} What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: negixx
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help making a script

Here is what I have: #!/bin/bash # Setup year date and month YR=`date +%Y '{print $6}'` MON=`date +%b '{print $2}'` DAY=`date +%d '{print $3}'` file=$YR$MOY$DOM # clear # Dump database using USER/PASS to ..sql mysqldump --user=me -ppass database > database-db.$file.sql The YR, MON and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npereira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if parameter passes in contains certain string

Hi Guys, I am writing a Unix script which accepts a directory path as parameter $1 so something like /user5.data/WA/01 will be passed in. I want to determine if the directory path passed in contains "WA" as above (because then I need to do something specific if it does) What is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcunney
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check what are the current kernel parameter settings

Hi all, I have four (4) different UNIX flavours and I want to know whether the following commands are correct with respect to wanting to check on what are my current kernel parameter settings. I just want to clear the doubts hanging over my head whether the commands below are the right ones... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check input parameter

Hi all i need to check that if user has passed any input parameter while executing he shell script like ./test1.sh -a"-v" then do smothing if user execute the script without giving input paramater then ./test1.sh then do something how can we check this input parameter (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check parameter is number or string

Hey I'm new in linux, I'm looking for a code to check whether the parameter is a number or a string. I have already tried this code: eerste=$(echo $1 | grep "^*$">aux) if But it doesn't work.:confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eclecticaa
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Script with Parameter (that has another parameter)

Hi. How do I achieve this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh "@/EDWH-DMT02/script/others/CSM_CKC/Complete_List.sql ${file_name}" Complete_List.txt The /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh has two parameters and it's working fine with this sh /EDWH-DMT02/script/MISC/exec_sql.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate check by passing external parameter

I have a code which is using to find duplicates in a files based on column.Below is the same code which is used to find duplicates in my file based on column 1 awk -F'|' '{if (x) { x_count++; print $0; if (x_count == 1) { print x } } x = $0}' FileName >Dup_File.txt But my requirement here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help me making this script

This script is executed whenever a new vehicle is added to the cycle-motor park of campus. The script asks for the following information about the car and adds a new line to the vehicle file.txt: name (name of an animal, unique identifier), color, mark, model, type (e.g., electrical, manual),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andre2222
2 Replies
CHECKBASHISMS(1)                                              General Commands Manual                                             CHECKBASHISMS(1)

NAME
checkbashisms - check for bashisms in /bin/sh scripts SYNOPSIS
checkbashisms script ... checkbashisms --help|--version DESCRIPTION
checkbashisms, based on one of the checks from the lintian system, performs basic checks on /bin/sh shell scripts for the possible presence of bashisms. It takes the names of the shell scripts on the command line, and outputs warnings if possible bashisms are detected. Note that the definition of a bashism in this context roughly equates to "a shell feature that is not required to be supported by POSIX"; this means that some issues flagged may be permitted under optional sections of POSIX, such as XSI or User Portability. In cases where POSIX and Debian Policy disagree, checkbashisms by default allows extensions permitted by Policy but may also provide options for stricter checking. OPTIONS
--help, -h Show a summary of options. --newline, -n Check for "echo -n" usage (non POSIX but required by Debian Policy 10.4.) --posix, -p Check for issues which are non POSIX but required to be supported by Debian Policy 10.4 (implies -n). --force, -f Force each script to be checked, even if it would normally not be (for instance, it has a bash or non POSIX shell shebang or appears to be a shell wrapper). --extra, -x Highlight lines which, whilst they do not contain bashisms, may be useful in determining whether a particular issue is a false posi- tive which may be ignored. For example, the use of "$BASH_ENV" may be preceded by checking whether "$BASH" is set. --version, -v Show version and copyright information. EXIT VALUES
The exit value will be 0 if no possible bashisms or other problems were detected. Otherwise it will be the sum of the following error val- ues: 1 A possible bashism was detected. 2 A file was skipped for some reason, for example, because it was unreadable or not found. The warning message will give details. SEE ALSO
lintian(1). AUTHOR
checkbashisms was originally written as a shell script by Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> and rewritten in Perl with many more features by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org>. DEBIAN Debian Utilities CHECKBASHISMS(1)