Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pickup file from folder
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pickup file from folder Post 101271 by ram2s2001 on Tuesday 7th of March 2006 01:02:52 AM
Old 03-07-2006
pickup file from folder

Hi,
Can any body help me,How to pickup file from folder using shellscript.

FolderName:/test
FileinFolder: test.txt

MY req is:Shellscript pickup file from folder and pass file as parameter to java program..?

Thanks,
Rams

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the .txt file for folder name and FTP to the corrsponding folder.

Oracle procedure create files on UNIX folder on a regular basis. I need to FTP files onto windows server and place the files, based on their name, in the corresponding folders. File name is as follows: ccyymmddfoldernamefile.txt; Folder Name length could be of any size; however, the prefix and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pickup until last friday files from directory

Freinds, I need help: I need to process number of flat files on weekly basis. My source dir will receive flat files regulary at mid night between 1:00am and 6:00am. When I run my weekly file process it should get only the files which are until last friday (including friday)and move them in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magi
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pickup files.

How can I pickup files with a specific date by "ls" command without options? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gd2003
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the file from one folder to another folder

Hi, I have a requirement to move a file from one folder(a) to another folder(b) only when folder (b) have a write permission. Folder permission is 755 If the permission is otherthan 755 we need to come out of the loop I will appreciate your help Thanks Soll (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sollins
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Management: How do I move all JPGS in a folder structure to a single folder?

This is the file structure: DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder1qweqwasdfsd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder2asdasdasd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder3asdadfhgasdf/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder4qwetwdfsdfg/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

NOT able to pickup files

Hi, I have two files to pick and excute these ones. File1:DOLFIN.PRL_100.OIB.TLU.001.D20110510.T144948 File2:DOLFIN.PRM_100.OTU.001.D20100726.T050026 date '+%H:%M:%S' SCRIPTS_PATH=/u/dolfin/bin . ${SCRIPTS_PATH}/set_dolfin_env.sh DATA_FILE_NAME=DATA_FILE DATE_FORMAT=`date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamu544
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to move set of file from one folder to another folder

Hi all, let me explain my requirments i am having 5 folder with different name for eg) abc , cdf , efd, rtg, ead each 5 folders contain 15 files i want to move 10 files to some other folder, remain 5 files should be there in the same folder. give me some suggestion on this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an automated pre-defined file pickup method

Hi Gurus, I need to develop a script which picks the files in a pre-defined order. The files from monday-friday will be named as abc_01_20130923 as monday's file and abc_02_20130924 as tuesday's..so..so forth till friday's which will be named as abc_05_20130927.It repeats over for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramgk9
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for automated pickup of file based on a priority

Hi experts, I am facing a problem right now.I have to automate the pickup of files based on a priority.The scenario is as below: 1) There will be files from Mon-Fri with Mon file being named as abc_def_01_YYYYMMDD and Tue file being abc_def_02_YYYYMMDD and so forth till Friday's file which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikramgk9
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Multiple File existance in a UNIX folder(Note: File names are all different)

HI Guys, I have some 8 files with different name and extensions. I need to check if they are present in a specific folder or not and also want that script to show me which all are not present. I can write if condition for each file but from a developer perspective , i feel that is not a good... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarpanda003
3 Replies
mhpath(1)						      General Commands Manual							 mhpath(1)

NAME
mhpath - print full pathnames of MH messages and folders (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
mhpath [+foldername] [msgs] [-help] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. DESCRIPTION
Use the mhpath command to display the full pathname of the specified folder. If you do not specify a folder, mhpath displays the pathname of the current folder. If you specify a message with its message number, mhpath displays the pathname of the specified message. You can also specify a number of messages, or a range of messages. If the top of the range that you specify is greater than the last message in the folder, mhpath displays as much of the specified range as possible. Additionally mhpath can take a keyword or a sequence name. The following keywords are acceptable: The first message in the folder. The last message in the folder. The message after the last message in the folder. You cannot use new as part of a message range. The current message in the folder. The message before the current message. The message after the current message. All of the messages in the folder. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory EXAMPLES
In the following example, mhpath displays message 3 in the folder +inbox: % mhpath +inbox 3 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox The following example dis- plays the pathname of messages 2 to 5 in the current folder: % mhpath 2-5 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/2 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/3 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/4 /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/5 FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
folder(1) mhpath(1)