Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete a special character in file Post 101270 by gauravgoel on Tuesday 7th of March 2006 01:02:00 AM
Old 03-07-2006
using awk

awk -F '/' '{print $0}' abcsample

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Mount a character special file

Hi together I have 2 systems, mars and venus. The configuration is the same. Every system has a SDLT. I will now backup the datas from mars on the tapedevice from venus. I have shareed the tapedevice (venus) and mounted on mars. Now my problem: when I write on the mountet tapedevice, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a special character in file

hi i want to delete a particular character in file. example file name:abcsample abc=bbbqw3/ hidh=ajjqiwio4/ xyx=hakjp/ ........../ ......./ i want to delete that special character (/) in abcsample file Permnently.please give the required commands for my requirement. required... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivsn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Special character in my file

I have a special character in my file. It displays as a '#' sign but when I do this command I do not find the line. fgrep 'G#ant' file1 I want to replace the special character with another value but I need to know what character it really is. Any ideas on how to replace this '#' value with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ryan2786
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse a file for a special character

hello, How to parse a file to see if a specific line is commented by '#' character? filename: file1 cat file1 ... # /usr/bin/whatever ... thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to read special character from the file

Hello All, We are getting files from sftp server through file transmission protocol & after transmission we are removing all the control M (^M) characters from them.we are expecting various kind of special characters in the files. we are tried removing '^M' characters through 'dos2unix' command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aquilis
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Special Character from File.

Hi, My file has this special character "^M" I would like to remove this characters. eg: abc,abc,^M i tried using sed but doesnt work. i used octal dump command to see special character it returns following: 015 \r Appreciate your reply. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove special character ($) from file names

Hello I've searched here and on the 'net for examples of a script or command line function that will remove the $ character from all file names only that can be done within the directory that contains the file names - which are all html files. ie, I have a directory that contains html files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: competitions
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Special character ^@ in CSV file

All, I am having a tough time with Linux and CSV file. My CSV file gets generated from Cognos on Linux machine that contains special characters. At first instance when I do vi <filename> to that file, I can't see anything. I did tail -2 and redirected to another temp file and did vi <filename>,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: donadarsh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Numbers, Spaces, Special Character from the begining of the line of a file

Hi All, I want to keep the name of the songs with their respective extensions only. Sample Code ======== 03 Choti choti gaiya choti choti gaval.mp3 03---Brazil Dhol.mp3 03 PAYALIYA .mp3 04 - Isq Risk .mp3 04%20-%20Oh%20My%20Love(wapking.in).mp3 08 - A2 - Aasan Nahin Yahan .mp3 AE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
3 Replies
delete directory(1m)													      delete directory(1m)

NAME
delete directory - Deletes a directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp delete directory directory-name ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. DESCRIPTION
The delete directory command deletes a directory. The directory cannot contain any object entries, soft links, or child pointers. The master replica must be the only remaining replica in the cell. Use the delete replica command if you need to remove read-only replicas. Privilege Required You must have delete permission to the directory and write permission to the clearinghouse that stores the master replica of the directory. The server principal needs administer permission to the parent directory or delete permission to the child pointer that points to the directory you intend to delete. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command deletes the directory /.:/eng from the namespace: cdscp> delete directory /.:/eng RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create directory(1m), delete replica(1m), list directory(1m), set directory(1m), set directory to skulk(1m), show directory(1m) delete directory(1m)