Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX C/C++ compiler ver 6 on AIX 5.3 - errors Post 101145 by satguyz on Sunday 5th of March 2006 07:08:15 PM
Old 03-05-2006
C/C++ compiler ver 6 on AIX 5.3 - errors

Hi Guys,
We are migrating AIX 5.1 to AIX 5.3. With this upgrade the C/C++ compiler is also upgraded to Visual Age C++ 6.0.
After upgrading, when we tried to (re)compile our programs (since ibm open library classes are not going to work with new compiler), we are getting so many errors with no clue how to solve. We are using the same make files which were working perfectly on AIX 5.1. The following errors are common for all programs.

"/usr/vacpp/inclue/iostream.h",line 114.38: 1540-0063 (S) the text "*" is unexpected.
"/usr/vacpp/include/iostream.h",line 300.25: 1540-0040 (S) the text "seekoff" is unexpected. "streampos" may be undeclared or ambiguous.
"/usr/vacpp/include/iostream.h",line 443.32: 1540-0600 (S) The reference to "ios" is ambiguous.
"/usr/vacpp/include/iostream.h",line 78.7: 1540-0425 (I) "ios" is defined on line 78 of "/usr/vacpp/include/iostream.h".
"/usr/vacpp/include/iosfwd", line 78.7: 1540-0425 (I) "std::ios" is defined on line 330 "/usr/vacpp/include/iosfwd".
"/usr/vacpp/include/iostream.h",line 692.32: 1540-0600 (S) The reference to "ios" is ambiguous.

This list goes on....
Can any one please have a look and let me know how can we solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

New IBM AIX 5L ver 5.1 .. any thoughts?

I read that IBM came up with a new AIX version that would be fully integrated with Linux (I guess compared to older versions of AIX that could not) and I was hoping I bring this for discussion here so I learn more about IBM UNIX OS Can anybody put few simple and practical comparisons between... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliissa
0 Replies

2. Programming

gcc Compiler Switches: giving Illogical Errors

Hi, Has anyone used gcc compiler and know alot about it? I am compiling a file with: gcc -o xyz xyz.c abc.o -lsocket -lnsl it compiles pretty fine. But whe I use switches gcc -o -Wall -pedantic -ansi xyz xyz.c abc.o -lsocket -lnsl it starts giving illogical, rather I should say stupid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ahsan
1 Replies

3. AIX

moving AIX ver 4.2.1 to another AIX box

i want to move my AIX os ver 4.2.1 to a new version IBM system. how can i acheive this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmonix
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.3 gcc compiler

Hi there I've got a problem getting my mysql libraries to work. every time I compile my source code it gives my a compiler error. Cannot find a rule to create target /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h AND /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h: Permission denied Is anyone fimiliar with this error, and can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cipher#1
1 Replies

6. Linux

SELinux policy compiler errors for 2.6.26.8.tex1

Hello all! I am trying to enable SELinux on bootup for my supported kernel 2.6.26.8.tex1 I am running PCLinuxOS 2009 Beta 2 which is based on Mandriva/Mandrake From my reading, I know that I am able to set SELinux to boot (preferably in passive mode) however this would still 'change' my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: septima.pars
2 Replies

7. AIX

C++ compiler for AIX

please I want a help to how can I get C++ compiler to AIX OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmed waheed
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX Xlc compiler

Hi Team I have a native applicaiton built on AIX using the xLC v8 Which could be the possible impacts from a code change point of view if I'll compile with the xLC v10? Thanks Marco (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antcos
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing colors for compiler errors/warnings

Hi, I am using GNU unix. And running a bash shell. Can anyone please tell me what is the command for changing the color of the compiler error/warning messages on the console. I think it is in .bashrc and do not know how. Thanks Pink (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pink01
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing colors for compiler errors/warnings

Hi, I am using GNU unix. And running a bash shell. Can anyone please tell me what is the command for changing the color of the compiler error/warning messages on the console. I think it is in .bashrc and do not know how. Thanks Pink (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pink01
1 Replies
FBB::IOStreambuf(3bobcat)					   Error handler					 FBB::IOStreambuf(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::IOStreambuf - streambuf allowing input and output operations SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/iostreambuf> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
This class implements a specialization of the std::streambuf class, allowing input operations from and output operations to different files. It is intended to be used in combination with FBB::IOStream, thus allowing all stream-based input and output operations using the same object without the need to use seek-operations. Using an FBB::IOStream object it is, e.g., possible to construct two-way communica- tions using pipes, much like the facilities offered by sockets. If the streams that will be associated with the IOStreambuf object support seeking, then the IOStreambuf will do so to. Seeking might also be availble for a single stream (either the std::istream or the std::ostream). When the IOStreambuf object goes out of scope, its associated std::ostream object is flushed. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
std::streambuf CONSTRUCTORS
o IOStreambuf(): The default constructor results in a IOStreambuf object that cannot be immediately used. Its member open() must be called first. o IOStreambuf(std::istream &in, std::ostream &out): This constructor associates the IOStreambuf object with a std::istream and a std::ostream. All output operations will be passed on to the std::ostream, all input operations to the std::istream. The streams passed to IOStreambuf() should outlive the IOStreambuf object. De copy constructor is available as well. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
All members of std::streambuf are available, as FBB::IOStreambuf inherits from these classes. o void open(std::istream &in, std::ostream &out): This member (re)associates the IOStreambuf object with a std::istream and a std::ostream. All output operations will be passed on to the std::ostream, all input operations to the std::istream. The streams passed to IOStreambuf() should outlive the IOStreambuf object. If this member is called for an IOStreambuf object already associated with an std::ostream object, the already associated std::ostream object is flushed before setting up the new association. VIRTUAL PROTECTED MEMBER FUNCTIONS
The following std::streambuf member functions should only be called when the FBB::Streambuf object is associated with std::istream and std::ostream objects (i.e., they should not be called between the construction of a default FBB:IOStreambuf object and a subsequent call of IOStreambuf::open()): The members listed in this section implement the tasks of comparably named virtual function in the class's private interface. This sepa- rates the redefinable interface from the user-interface. The class IOStreamBuf can, in accordance with Liskov's Substitution Principle, be used as a std:streambuf; but it also offers facilities for classes deriving from IOStreamBuf. These facilities are listed here. o pos_type pSeekoff(off_type offset, std::ios::seekdir way, std::ios::openmode mode = std::ios::in | std::ios::out): With seekable streams, repositions the associated std::istream or std::ostream is repositioned to offset offset, relative to way. o pos_type pSeekpos(off_type offset, std::ios::openmode mode = std::ios::in | std::ios::out): With seekable streams, repositions the associated std::istream or std::ostream is repositioned to offset offset, relative to the beginning of the stream. o int pSync(): This member flushes the associated std::ostream object. o std::streamsize pXsputn(char const *buffer, std::streamsize n): This member inserts n characters from buffer into the associated std::ostream stream. EXAMPLE
See the example provided with process(3bobcat). FILES
bobcat/iostreambuf - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), iostream(3bobcat), process(3bobcat) BUGS
None reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::IOStreambuf(3bobcat)