Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: time measurement
Top Forums Programming time measurement Post 101136 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 5th of March 2006 09:20:16 AM
Old 03-05-2006
clock() has a problem depending on the implementation. The granularity of the result is only guaranteed to be per second by the C99 standard. It can be finer. You can certainly try it.

gettimeofday returns the timeval struct which does have better resolution guranteed.

Do you know about cc -g -p myfile.c - o myfile ? profiling
You can then run your code, then look at the profiling output. gprof or prof will do this for you. It gives total times and number of calls for each function.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance measurement of Code

I hope I am posting the query at right place.. I have the project running as 32 bit application on Solaris 8. I want to port this to 64Bit application. Before I start this process, I would like to compare the performance of a sample code running as 32Bit/64 Bit executables on a 64 bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_sapre
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands performance measurement

Hi, Actually i wanted to check out the process time for the execution of commands on unix, i looking for the script which can include all commands which are to be executed on the system and i need to get the time for executing each command, can somebody help me Thanks & Regards Murali (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hsmuralidhara
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert file storage size from one unit of measurement to another

The source number is always in megabytes and I need a script to covert into either MB,GB or TB displayed in a specific format. Source number examples: 5345376635 34255 5453645846353 The result has to be maximum 2 numbers after the comma 1.13 TB 134.17 TB 413.46 GB 678.45 MB I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

SNMP OID for Network Utilization measurement

Hi everyone, I've just copied a snmpget script from somewhere. This script is basically used to collect basic router information. Ex: syscontact,syslocation,etc. And I want to extend the script to be able to collect some network information and utilization of some machines ex: bandwith usage,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Measurement file parsing

I have an application performance measurement file with one thousand lines. Each line has some text indicating type of measurement and the last field containing the measured value. Each of the file has a unique measurement. I am interested in only extracting about 100 of those measurements and put... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

OID for Bandwith and Throughput Measurement

Hey Guys, Does anybody know, which OID's of Net-SNMP is used to collect throughput and bandwith usage of machine?? I got these OID's ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redhat - IO performance measurement

Hi Currently we have SAN setup in our Redhat Environment. I have used iostat tool and ran it couple of times, i think there is IO bottle neck. Can anyone suggest any other tools or help me how to perform multiple Reads/Writes to test its performance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies
oggz-info(1)						      General Commands Manual						      oggz-info(1)

NAME
oggz-info -- Display information about one or more Ogg files and their bitstreams. SYNOPSIS
oggz-info [-l | --length ] [-b | --bitrate ] [-g | --page-stats ] [-p | --packet-stats ] [-k | --skeleton ] [-a | --all ] file- name ... oggz-info [-h | --help ] [-v | --version ] Description oggz-info displays information about one or more Ogg files and their bitstreams. Options oggz-info accepts the following options: Display options -l, --length Display content lengths. -b, --bitrate Display bitrate information. -g, --page-stats Display Ogg page statistics. -p, --packet-stats Display Ogg packet statistics. -k, --skeleton Display Extra data from OggSkeleton bitstream. -a, --all Display all information. Miscellaneous options -h, --help Display usage information and exit. -v, --version Output version information and exit. Units of measurement oggz-info displays information using the following units: Byte lengths bytes (8 bits) kB kilobytes (1024 bytes) MB megabytes (1024*1024 bytes) GB gigabytes (1024*1024*1024 bytes) Bitrates bps bits per second (bit/s) kbps kilobits per second (1000 bit/s) Mbps megabits per second (1000000 bit/s) Gbps gigabits per second (1000000000 bit/s) EXAMPLES
Describe all bitstreams in file.ogg: oggz info file.ogg Describe only the Theora bitstream in file.ogv: oggz info -c theora file.ogv AUTHOR
Conrad Parker March 10, 2005; COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 CSIRO Australia SEE ALSO
oggz-dump(1), oggz-rip(1), oggz-diff(1) hogg(1) oggz-info(1)