Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers file with executable permission Post 10109 by LivinFree on Thursday 8th of November 2001 02:22:48 AM
Old 11-08-2001
Well, if you're going to do that, I would recommend that you add the "." at the <b>end</b> of your PATH. You can add something like this to the end of your login script:
Code:
PATH="${PATH}:."

It is a little more secure this way...

One note:
If you are the superuser (root), it is not recommended to add the current directory to your path! You might end up running something you didn't mean to run.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie question about difference between executable file and ordinary file

Hi, I am newbie in unix and just started learning it. I want to know what is the difference between an executable file and a file (say text file). How to create executable file? What is the extension for that? How to differentiate ? How does it get executed? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balaji
1 Replies

2. Programming

update executable file

Hi All, Is it possible to update an executable file created using cc or gcc compiler. ie., very clearly If i create a C program and execute it and an executable file a.out is created. but the run time for the execution is around 30 minutes. Is it possible to update that executable, if some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anent
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executable file

Hi everybody: I have strange problem. I have compiled a source code and created an executable file. This file I can use it into my PC, but when I copy this executable to my laptop this one doesn't work and the system tell me: bash: ./sbdart_unix: cannot execute binary file Somebody can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
3 Replies

4. AIX

Making Executable File

Hi All: I am a newbie. I have shell script and bunch of java jar files and I want to give one single executable file (may be .bin). Ex: I have test.sh, jar1.jar, jar2.jar. I have to make process.xxx When we run "process.xxx" it will run the "test.sh" script which inturn uses jar1.jar and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxman123
0 Replies

5. Programming

Running an executable file

I've created a c program and compiled it with gcc, in unix. The file name is abc.c and it is run by typing the command ./abc I have another program which creates a child process, and I need this abc program to run on that child process. I've tried execvp(), but it doesn't work. How can I run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdsd
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i read a non text file in unix - ELF-64 executable object file - IA64

The binary file is ELF-64 executable object file - IA64. How i know that the source is Is there any comamnd in unix i can read these kind of files or use a thirty party software? Thanks for your help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

executable file

Hi, I want to know that how can i read the content of a .exe file?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
1 Replies

8. Programming

Executable file in C

Hi all, I have modified a C file and executed it. While executing the executable file for that C file, it shows à is cannot be printed. I have given isprint(à) to test it. When I copy the old executable file and execute it it shows it can be printed. Then I retain the C code back and executed it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
1 Replies

9. Solaris

file just loaded does not appear to be executable

Hi When i m trying the boot the system with Primary HDD (c1t0d0s0) -- its solaris 10 I m getting an error "file just loaded does not appear to be executable".....So will anyone share the steps to recover from this stage I also tried to build the corrupted superblock from below command but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: taruntan
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Executable file on Solaris

Hi! What are executable file formats in Solaris? Can someone please share it? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klyde
3 Replies
AA-EASYPROF(8)							     AppArmor							    AA-EASYPROF(8)

NAME
aa-easyprof - AppArmor profile generation made easy. SYNOPSIS
aa-easyprof [option] <path to binary> DESCRIPTION
aa-easyprof provides an easy to use interface for AppArmor policy generation. aa-easyprof supports the use of templates and policy groups to quickly profile an application. Please note that while this tool can help with policy generation, its utility is dependent on the quality of the templates, policy groups and abstractions used. Also, this tool may create policy which is less restricted than creating policy by hand or with aa-genprof and aa-logprof. OPTIONS
aa-easyprof accepts the following arguments: -t TEMPLATE, --template=TEMPLATE Specify which template to use. May specify either a system template from /usr/share/apparmor/easyprof/templates or a filename for the template to use. If not specified, use /usr/share/apparmor/easyprof/templates/default. -p POLICYGROUPS, --policy-groups=POLICYGROUPS Specify POLICY as a comma-separated list of policy groups. See --list-templates for supported policy groups. The available policy groups are in /usr/share/apparmor/easyprof/policy. Policy groups are simply groupings of AppArmor rules or policies. They are similar to AppArmor abstractions, but usually encompass more policy rules. -a ABSTRACTIONS, --abstractions=ABSTRACTIONS Specify ABSTRACTIONS as a comma-separated list of AppArmor abstractions. It is usually recommended you use policy groups instead, but this is provided as a convenience. AppArmor abstractions are located in /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions. See apparmor.d(5) for details. -r PATH, --read-path=PATH Specify a PATH to allow owner reads. May be specified multiple times. If the PATH ends in a '/', then PATH is treated as a directory and reads are allowed to all files under this directory. Can optionally use '/*' at the end of the PATH to only allow reads to files directly in PATH. -w PATH, --write-dir=PATH Like --read-path but also allow owner writes in additions to reads. -n NAME, --name=NAME Specify NAME of policy. If not specified, NAME is set to the name of the binary. The NAME of the policy is often used as part of the path in the various templates. --template-var="@{VAR}=VALUE" Set VAR to VALUE in the resulting policy. This typically only makes sense if the specified template uses this value. May be specified multiple times. --list-templates List available templates. --show-template=TEMPLATE Display template specified with --template. --templates-dir=PATH Use PATH instead of system templates directory. --list-policy-groups List available policy groups. --show-policy-group Display policy groups specified with --policy. --policy-groups-dir=PATH Use PATH instead of system policy-groups directory. --author Specify author of the policy. --copyright Specify copyright of the policy. --comment Specify comment for the policy. EXAMPLE
Example usage for a program named 'foo' which is installed in /opt/foo: $ aa-easyprof --template=user-application --template-var="@{APPNAME}=foo" --policy-groups=opt-application,user-application /opt/foo/bin/FooApp BUGS
If you find any additional bugs, please report them to Launchpad at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7) apparmor.d(5) AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-07-16 AA-EASYPROF(8)