Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Newbie's question about COBOL Installation in Unix Post 101041 by RTM on Friday 3rd of March 2006 10:16:07 AM
Old 03-03-2006
120MB of space is required for the COBOL compiler, tools, and documentation.

This information can be found at IBM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie question about unix flavours

Hi, I am newbie to unix. I am been immensily impressed by this forum. I have installed sun solaris in my pc and started learning unix. The question is, If i know one unix flavour (say sun solaris) is that i can claim, i know all the unix and linux flavours. Can i be able to work on other vendor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji
3 Replies

2. Programming

Unix/Linux Newbie(ish) Question - IPC/Signals

:) Hello, i have been given the following code to help me learn how to use signals, it won't compile. The problem maybe because this was written for use in Unix and i am trying to compile in Linux. The error i get says that SIGPIPE and SIG_IGN are undeclared. I think that these are defined... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theultimatechuf
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cobol On Unix

Hi , Could anyone please tell me about the whole procedure for compiling, linking the cobol program on unix platform. As i am mainframe guy and very new to unix, any help will be very appriciated, Regards, -Vinit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinit_cyberguy
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Software Installation Help - Newbie

Let me start off by saying that I am by no means a unix person. I am tasked to install log4cxx on a brand new machine but it looks like we need the apr, apr-utils, libtool, make, autoconf, automake, and gcc packages just to install log4cxx. Our machine came with no c compiler so I couldn't build... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnRodey
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

Question form unix newbie

hi, just starting to learn about unix in school. got stuck on shell script chapter and need some help i completed task one but the other four is byond me. Task 1) Write a shell script/program called dow that takes no arguments and displays just the current day of the week in lower case (i.e.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wesleywu
2 Replies

6. Programming

cobol crn programme run on express cobol as .gnt

can i run .crn programme in express cobol which support to .gnt programme .... Plz tell me solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX newbie NEWBIE question!

Hello everyone, Just started UNIX today! In our school we use solaris. I just want to know how do I setup Solaris 10 not the GUI one, the one where you have to type the commands like ECHO, ls, pwd, etc... I have windows xp and I also have vmware. I hope I am not missing anything! :p (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanamachi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling script from RM cobol and returning value to cobol

Is there a way you can return a value from a script that is called from a rm cobol program... 01 WS-COMD-LINE-PGM X(39) value sh ./getUserId.sh 12345" 01 WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE PIC 9(8). CALL "SYSTEM" USING WS-COMD-LINE-PGM GIVING WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanmp
1 Replies

9. SCO

cobol installation

Dear All, while installing mfcobol in sco open unix 5 in piv m/cs, when run #sh ./install this error massage is comming load error file lmfnewdb error code 198 pc=0 call=-1 seg=0 198 load failor chmod warrning can not acess /opt/lib/mflmf/mflmfdb no such file or directory (error-2)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Newbie: HP-UX installation problem

I recently bought myself a HP Visualize c3750 specifically to try out HP-UX (which I have never really used), I got it with a CD set of HP-UX 11 that I boot the machine from to install. I have no gfx adapter in the machine so I run an IBM InfoWindow II 3153 serial terminal attached to serial 1.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundh
4 Replies
KAS_APROPOS(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    KAS_APROPOS(8)

NAME
kas_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string SYNOPSIS
kas apropos -topic <help string> [-help] kas a -t <help string> [-h] DESCRIPTION
The kas apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any kas command that has the string specified by the -topic argument in its name or short description. To display the syntax for a command, use the kas help command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string> Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only. If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double quotes ("") or other delimiters. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any kas command where the string specified with the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line. EXAMPLES
The following command lists all kas commands that include the word "key" in their names or short descriptions: % kas apropos key setkey: set a user's key stringtokey: convert a string to a key PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None, and no password is required. SEE ALSO
kas(8), kas_help(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 KAS_APROPOS(8)