Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mac unix
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) mac unix Post 100935 by E.M.P99 on Thursday 2nd of March 2006 08:45:32 PM
Old 03-02-2006
thats not so true

this is my first post (i'm looking to learn about unix)

ok that out of the way, windows will work no doubt, as for unix i have no idea, but OS X will work wat u have to do is go to the x86 project forums to find out how (i hang there alot). it looks relly cool but i don't have a pc to try it on

x86project.com, pretty sure thats it

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix on Mac

Simple Q here. What GOOD telnet programs are out there for MAC. I use this one that can't utilize the VI editor. I don't know why. Thankx for your help in advance. /D (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIEZEL
8 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Unix.

Are the Terminal commands used in Mac OS 10.1.3 the same as those found on a real Unix system? if they are, what book would you recommend as a terminal refferance guide? I already have 'The Missing Manual' by O'Reilly, but there ain't much in terms of managing the system via the terminal :( ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAdesign
9 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

unix flavour on mac

I'm quite interested in resusing an old bondi iMac i have as a unix box, and i was wondering what distro people would recomend. I had thought of using BSD/FreeBSD cos thats what osx is based on. I'm doing this as a teaching excercise (for myself) so i'm looking for something achievable rather than... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ora
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac unix

hi, i'm running mac 10.5, and i have a file eg. program after i compiled on the terminal using this command; cc -o program program.c however, i'm unable to see the process hierachy for that program. i tried using "ps -C program -l --forest" and unable to see the tree structure. need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grotesque
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X & UNIX

I just joined the Forum a few days ago! :) I have a mac book and decided to look under the hood. Low and behold, UNIX! To be honest, I know nothing about unix, but I want to learn. I have no real goals as of yet, other than to learn what I can. I do own a few domains hosted by a good company. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fellojello
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Unix on a Mac OS X

Hi. I'm using a Mac computer to perform all my Unix operations. At the moment, I'm employing osascript to interact between windows and don't know whether the same is possible to do it on a BASH shell without calling osascript. If so, I would like to see an example of how to do it. Many thanks in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hresquivelo
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix on mac

Hello, I formated my hard disk and i recovered some videos, but the thing is the videos were in .MOV format and now there are just UNIX executable files, i tried to write at the end of the name the extension but quicktime didn't recognize me the videos, somebody can help me with this problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arielorc
1 Replies
gnutls_crypto_mac_register2(3)					      gnutls					    gnutls_crypto_mac_register2(3)

NAME
gnutls_crypto_mac_register2 - register a mac interface SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/gnutls.h> int gnutls_crypto_mac_register2(int priority, int version, gnutls_crypto_mac_st * s); ARGUMENTS
int priority is the priority of the mac interface int version should be set to GNUTLS_CRYPTO_API_VERSION gnutls_crypto_mac_st * s is a structure holding new interface's data DESCRIPTION
This function will register a mac interface to be used by gnutls. Any interface registered will override the included engine and by conven- tion kernel implemented interfaces should have priority of 90. The interface with the lowest priority will be used by gnutls. This function should be called before gnutls_global_init(). For simplicity you can use the convenience gnutls_crypto_mac_register() macro. RETURNS
GNUTLS_E_SUCCESS on success, otherwise an error. SINCE
2.6.0 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. gnutls 2.8.6 gnutls_crypto_mac_register2(3)