Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers extract from string variable into new variables Post 100933 by Ygor on Thursday 2nd of March 2006 08:19:25 PM
Old 03-02-2006
See previous answer.
At the bash prompt...
Code:
$ var="001 aaabc 44 a bbb12"
$ set $var
$ echo $1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers from a string and store in variables

Hi All, Is it possible in Unix shell script to extract numbers from a string containing ".", such as; 5.2.314 And store in variables so; var1 = 5 var2 = 2 var3 = 314 Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide dave (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract variable number from a String

hi,I am new to shell script,I have String,like this: Number of rows exported: 5321 the numbe at end could changing,how can I extract this number and assign it to a variable,then use it later in script. thanks. (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: vitesse
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using GREP to extract variable following a string

Hello, I'm running calculations and I need to extract a specific number from a output file. So far I've only been able to GREP entire lines containing the string: '1 F=' . I would like to go a step further and extract just the number following '1 F='. The entire line looks like: 1 F=... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: modey3
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file and extract another string to a variable

Hi, guys. I have one question: I need to search for a string in a file, and then extract another string from the file and assign it to a variable. For example: the contents of the file (group) is below: ... ftp:x:23: mail:x:34 ... testing:x:2001 sales:x:2002 development:x:2003 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sub-string extract between variable delimiters

I need to extract certain pieces from a string, wher delimiters may vary. For example A0 B0 C0 12345677 X0 Y0 Z0 A1-B1 C1 12345678 X1 Y0 Z0 A1/B2 C77 12345679 X2 Y0 Z0 I need to get C0 12345677 X0 C1 12345678 X1 C77 12345679 X2 I tried sed, see example below: echo 'A0 B0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash:How to split one string variable in two variables?

Hello, I have a paramter $param consisting just of two literals and want to split it into two parameters, so I can combine it to a new parameter <char1><string><char2>, but the following code didn't work: tmp_PARAM_1=cut -c1 $PARAM tmp_PARAM_2=cut -c2 $PARAM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a string from a file and store it in variable

Hi, I've a file ImageSizeDetails.txt with the following contents: Image Name: swncd 01.10.00.04 Created: Wed Jan 9 14:05:48 2013 Image Type: ARM Linux Multi-File Image (gzip compressed) Data Size: 7351011 Bytes = 7178.72 kB = 7.01 MB Load Address: 00008000 Entry Point: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parameswaran
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract variable name in a string

Hi, I'm doing a script to list all scripts called by a "master" script. But I have an issue as there is some variables in the name of the called scripts. Example: % cat master_script.sh ENVIR=PROD VERSION=1.2 /users/maturix/$ENVIR/program_$VERSION.shI would like my script displays a kind... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maturix
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh String Manipulation - removing variables from within a variable

Hi. I'd like to remove all values in a string variable that also exist in a second variable. What is the appropriate approach to take here? I can use a 'For' loop and check each element and then populate a new string. But is there a cleaner, simpler way? E.g. I have the following 2 variables ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enhance existing script: Extract Multiple variables & Input in an echo string

Hi Experts I need your help to optimize my script to execute better as I have nearly 1M records & the script is taking close to 40 minutes to execute, so would need support on a faster alternative. Input: file {"house":"1024","zip":"2345","city":"asd","country":"zzv"}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nk1984
2 Replies
RAWURLENCODE(3) 							 1							   RAWURLENCODE(3)

rawurlencode - URL-encode according to RFC 3986

SYNOPSIS
string rawurlencode (string $str) DESCRIPTION
Encodes the given string according to RFC 3986. PARAMETERS
o $str - The URL to be encoded. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string in which all non-alphanumeric characters except -_.~ have been replaced with a percent ( %) sign followed by two hex dig- its. This is the encoding described in RFC 3986 for protecting literal characters from being interpreted as special URL delimiters, and for protecting URLs from being mangled by transmission media with character conversions (like some email systems). Note Prior to PHP 5.3.0, rawurlencode encoded tildes ( ~) as per RFC 1738. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.4 | | | | | | | Tilde characters are no longer encoded when | | | rawurlencode(3) is used with EBCDIC strings. | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Now conforms to RFC 3986. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 including a password in an FTP URL <?php echo '<a href="ftp://user:', rawurlencode('foo @+%/'), '@ftp.example.com/x.txt">'; ?> The above example will output: <a href="ftp://user:foo%20%40%2B%25%2F@ftp.example.com/x.txt"> Or, if you pass information in a PATH_INFO component of the URL: Example #2 rawurlencode(3) example 2 <?php echo '<a href="http://example.com/department_list_script/', rawurlencode('sales and marketing/Miami'), '">'; ?> The above example will output: <a href="http://example.com/department_list_script/sales%20and%20marketing%2FMiami"> SEE ALSO
rawurldecode(3), urldecode(3), urlencode(3), RFC 3986. PHP Documentation Group RAWURLENCODE(3)