Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers understanding basic of storage in aix Post 100902 by ajaya on Thursday 2nd of March 2006 03:10:32 PM
Old 03-02-2006
My system is AIX.

Let sat, the CDROM is in my local computer where I work. How can I get software in the CD installed in a remote server ?

thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 and DS4300 Storage

Hello, We're setting up a solution for a group of customers with 2 p520 servers and 1 DS4300 unit with 9 disks (at this stage). The meaning is to create two arrays on the DS4300. Both servers will be connected to the DS4300 unit and to both controllers (e.g. Controller 1 connected to server 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricBE
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX and Storage

Hi:- What is the best way to determine what type of storage is attached to an AIX server? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janet
2 Replies

3. AIX

unused storage on AIX 4.3

Hi, How do I query for unused partition in AIX 4.3 with DAS and SAA storage? I know most unix administrator don't put all the capacity on the system at once. thanks, vene (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venerayan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in understanding AIX

Dear ALL, Where can I get the following information? what will happen exactly when i hit CTRL+C, CTRL+Z, CTRL+X, CTRL+D etc when the AIX terminal hangs...? The reason why I am asking this question is when ever I type a command at the terminal (say "select * from tab" or any command) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas Storage Foundation basic and Core cluster solaris 10 release 7 install

After much hitting my head to the wall with this meesages root@crasher /workzone/dvd4_sfb-sol_x64]#./installer -verbose -installonly 5.0MP3 Installation Program Copyright (c) 2008 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved. Symantec, the Symantec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tristezo2k
1 Replies

6. AIX

Aix and Storage Hitachi

Hello everyone I would like to hear your opinions about Aix 6.1 and Aix 5.3 with Storage Hitachi the model is USP VM. We buy it and I want to know day to day task with this storage and Aix. Thanks for your comments. Best wishes for this 2010 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help understanding differences between AIX and RHEL

I have started a new job which requires AIX admin skills, which I have, and RHEL skills. Does anyone have a cheat sheet that if I know how to solve the problem in AIX how would I do that in RHEL? I was an IBM pre-sales technical trying to keep sales guys honest - not possible. Any other links to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpenceSnyder
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX understanding memory using

Hello, I would like to understand better in AIX memory use / > svmon -G -O unit=MB Unit: MB -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- size inuse free pin virtual available mmode memory 9216.00 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
4 Replies
PCRESAMPLE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     PCRESAMPLE(3)

NAME
PCRE - Perl-compatible regular expressions PCRE SAMPLE PROGRAM
A simple, complete demonstration program, to get you started with using PCRE, is supplied in the file pcredemo.c in the PCRE distribution. The program compiles the regular expression that is its first argument, and matches it against the subject string in its second argument. No PCRE options are set, and default character tables are used. If matching succeeds, the program outputs the portion of the subject that matched, together with the contents of any captured substrings. If the -g option is given on the command line, the program then goes on to check for further matches of the same regular expression in the same subject string. The logic is a little bit tricky because of the possibility of matching an empty string. Comments in the code explain what is going on. If PCRE is installed in the standard include and library directories for your system, you should be able to compile the demonstration pro- gram using this command: gcc -o pcredemo pcredemo.c -lpcre If PCRE is installed elsewhere, you may need to add additional options to the command line. For example, on a Unix-like system that has PCRE installed in /usr/local, you can compile the demonstration program using a command like this: gcc -o pcredemo -I/usr/local/include pcredemo.c -L/usr/local/lib -lpcre Once you have compiled the demonstration program, you can run simple tests like this: ./pcredemo 'cat|dog' 'the cat sat on the mat' ./pcredemo -g 'cat|dog' 'the dog sat on the cat' Note that there is a much more comprehensive test program, called pcretest, which supports many more facilities for testing regular expres- sions and the PCRE library. The pcredemo program is provided as a simple coding example. On some operating systems (e.g. Solaris), when PCRE is not installed in the standard library directory, you may get an error like this when you try to run pcredemo: ld.so.1: a.out: fatal: libpcre.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory This is caused by the way shared library support works on those systems. You need to add -R/usr/local/lib (for example) to the compile command to get round this problem. AUTHOR
Philip Hazel University Computing Service Cambridge CB2 3QH, England. REVISION
Last updated: 23 January 2008 Copyright (c) 1997-2008 University of Cambridge. PCRESAMPLE(3)