Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX ORACLE LICENSING..whats a 'processor' ? Post 100881 by oracledba on Thursday 2nd of March 2006 01:24:06 PM
Old 03-02-2006
ORACLE LICENSING..whats a 'processor' ?

On an AIXv5.2 system, that has power5 processors,
I issue the lscfg | grep proc and get
+ proc0
Processor
+ proc2
Processor
+ proc4
Processor

lsattr -El proc0
frequency 1904448000 Processor Speed False
state enable Processor state False
type PowerPC_POWER5 Processor type False

QUESTION- Is this processor above 1 CORE or is this 2 CORES?

If answer is 1, is there a definitive document I could use
for audit/license purposes?

THANKS!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Oracle licensing

Hello all. I have a question for you. What is the method of licensing for Oracle under HP-UX? Is it just the system name or does it include the IP address also? The reason that I'm asking this is that I'm trying to set up a DR type box. The company has a live K class (yes, that old) running a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Struggling
0 Replies

2. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

hp-ux licensing

Hi Guys, Can someone please give me an introduction with hp-ux licensing? Is the licensing per user or per cpu or both? How do you push it on the server? Or is it included in the hardware price. Thanks in advance, itik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

4. Solaris

sun licensing

Hi Guys, Can someone please give me an introduction with Sun licensing? Is the licensing per user or per cpu or both? How do you push it on the server? Or is it included in the hardware price. Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX Reinstallation / Licensing

Hello, We have received a HP Integrity Server rx3600 (itanium architecture) that came with HP-UX on it. The installation of HP-UX is "broken" and it hangs and will not boot. The server did not come with any re installation media. I am just wondering, Legally and within ToS, can I do to restore... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 6L71
3 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Licensing

Hello all, I had a few questions about SCO 5.0.7 if anyone has the time. I have a POS system called RealWorld running on SCO 5.0.7. I have been using the EVAL60ENT code but it has expired and I'm tired of rebuilding/configuring that box from scratch - so I did a little googleing. I found a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: disisit69
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Licensing for RHEL

I wanted to know about licensing for RHEL. We have 3 RHELs as virtual machines using Vmware in our company. A 4th instance is required now but there is talk of not having the 4th license as we have only 3 licenses. Apart from this , I wanted to know how to actually practically enable a license for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
2 Replies

9. Hardware

Sun Oracle Netra T5220 processor help

I recently required some Sun Oracle Netra T5220s. I do not have much knowledge of Sun products. The units do not have video cards or hard drives. How can I tell/go about figuring out what clock speed and how many cores the processor is? They are all outfitted with 32GB of memory. Two are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdboy
11 Replies

10. Solaris

Oracle DBA licensing on Solaris 11 LDOMS

My understanding is that Oracle DB licensing is based on number of cores etc. If you use virtual machines (e.g.ldoms) you need to partition it properly otherwise, in theory you have to pay based on the host machine. Can anyone confirm I'm right here? And explain it in bit more detail (i.e.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
8 Replies
hostinfo(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       hostinfo(8)

NAME
hostinfo -- host information SYNOPSIS
hostinfo DESCRIPTION
The hostinfo command displays information about the host system on which the command is executing. The output includes a kernel version description, processor configuration data, available physical memory, and various scheduling statistics. OPTIONS
There are no options. DISPLAY
Mach kernel version: The version string compiled into the kernel executing on the host system. Processor Configuration: The maximum possible processors for which the kernel is configured, followed by the number of physical and logical processors avail- able. Note: on Intel architectures, physical processors are referred to as cores, and logical processors are referred to as hardware threads; there may be multiple logical processors per core and multiple cores per processor package. This command does not report the number of processor packages. Processor type: The host's processor type and subtype. Processor active: A list of active processors on the host system. Active processors are members of a processor set and are ready to dispatch threads. On a single processor system, the active processor, is processor 0. Primary memory available: The amount of physical memory that is configured for use on the host system. Default processor set: Displays the number of tasks currently assigned to the host processor set, the number of threads currently assigned to the host proces- sor set, and the number of processors included in the host processor set. Load average: Measures the average number of threads in the run queue. Mach factor: A variant of the load average which measures the processing resources available to a new thread. Mach factor is based on the number of CPUs divided by (1 + the number of runnablethreads) or the number of CPUs minus the number of runnable threads when the number of runnable threads is less than the number of CPUs. The closer the Mach factor value is to zero, the higher the load. On an idle system with a fixed number of active processors, the mach factor will be equal to the number of CPUs. SEE ALSO
sysctl(8) Mac OS X October 30, 2003 Mac OS X