Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: add a hdiskpower in a vg
Operating Systems AIX add a hdiskpower in a vg Post 100871 by ScatterBrain on Thursday 2nd of March 2006 12:12:21 PM
Old 03-02-2006
what kind of error messages are you getting with the chvg command?

the VG is varied off when you try, right?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

deletion of hdiskpower* and child devices

Hi, I need to know is there any option in rmdev command that deletes only hdiskpower and its child devices..suppose i have 4*hba's i could see 4*hdisks and 1*hdiskpower. i want to delete only the hdiskpower and its associted 4*hdisks..how can i do that.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: to_bsr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add add some files together and then paste

How can you efficiently add pairs of files together and then paste those pairs, I have a climate computer at work which spits out temperatures and stuff out twice a day, one for the day-data and one for the night (basically). Every week I want to make a nice overview The text files are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uwgandalf
1 Replies
devinfo(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       devinfo(1M)

NAME
devinfo - print device specific information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/devinfo -i device /usr/sbin/devinfo -p device DESCRIPTION
The devinfo command is used to print device specific information about disk devices on standard out. The command can only be used by the superuser. OPTIONS
-i Prints the following device information: o Device name o Software version (not supported and prints as 0) o Drive id number (not supported and prints as 0) o Device blocks per cylinder o Device bytes per block o Number of device partitions with a block size greater than zero -p Prints the following device partition information: o Device name o Device major and minor numbers (in hexadecimal) o Partition start block o Number of blocks allocated to the partition o Partition flag o Partition tag This command is used by various other commands to obtain device specific information for the making of file systems and determining parti- tion information. If the device cannot be opened, an error message is reported. OPERANDS
device Device name. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful operation. 2 Operation failed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
prtvtoc(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 8 May 1997 devinfo(1M)