Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers understanding basic of storage in aix Post 100842 by ajaya on Thursday 2nd of March 2006 09:53:23 AM
Old 03-02-2006
understanding basic of storage in aix

Hi
Can some one help to understand the follwoing thing:

what is a simple mounting? for examle what the following lines says

/dev/hd2 /usr/xxx

if I have to install a software in a remote server, how i can use local cdrom to read the installation files from?

what about if I have the software CD on the server. How I can mount or get access to it?

thanks
ajaya

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 and DS4300 Storage

Hello, We're setting up a solution for a group of customers with 2 p520 servers and 1 DS4300 unit with 9 disks (at this stage). The meaning is to create two arrays on the DS4300. Both servers will be connected to the DS4300 unit and to both controllers (e.g. Controller 1 connected to server 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricBE
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX and Storage

Hi:- What is the best way to determine what type of storage is attached to an AIX server? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janet
2 Replies

3. AIX

unused storage on AIX 4.3

Hi, How do I query for unused partition in AIX 4.3 with DAS and SAA storage? I know most unix administrator don't put all the capacity on the system at once. thanks, vene (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venerayan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in understanding AIX

Dear ALL, Where can I get the following information? what will happen exactly when i hit CTRL+C, CTRL+Z, CTRL+X, CTRL+D etc when the AIX terminal hangs...? The reason why I am asking this question is when ever I type a command at the terminal (say "select * from tab" or any command) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas Storage Foundation basic and Core cluster solaris 10 release 7 install

After much hitting my head to the wall with this meesages root@crasher /workzone/dvd4_sfb-sol_x64]#./installer -verbose -installonly 5.0MP3 Installation Program Copyright (c) 2008 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved. Symantec, the Symantec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tristezo2k
1 Replies

6. AIX

Aix and Storage Hitachi

Hello everyone I would like to hear your opinions about Aix 6.1 and Aix 5.3 with Storage Hitachi the model is USP VM. We buy it and I want to know day to day task with this storage and Aix. Thanks for your comments. Best wishes for this 2010 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help understanding differences between AIX and RHEL

I have started a new job which requires AIX admin skills, which I have, and RHEL skills. Does anyone have a cheat sheet that if I know how to solve the problem in AIX how would I do that in RHEL? I was an IBM pre-sales technical trying to keep sales guys honest - not possible. Any other links to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpenceSnyder
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX understanding memory using

Hello, I would like to understand better in AIX memory use / > svmon -G -O unit=MB Unit: MB -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- size inuse free pin virtual available mmode memory 9216.00 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
4 Replies
MCDP(1) 							   User commands							   MCDP(1)

NAME
mcdp - a small cdplayer for linux SYNOPSIS
mcdp [/dev/some-cdrom-device] DESCRIPTION
The command mcdp is used for playing AudioCD's. It has a curses like userinterface and is fairly simple to use. OPTIONS
There is only one optional option - a cd device, e.g. /dev/cdrom2. KEYS
KEY DESCRIPTION # play track number # (0,1..9) cursor up fast forward cursor right slow forward cursor left slow rewind cursor down fast rewind space next track b/B previous track S/s toggle start/stop P/p toggle pause/resume E/e eject cdrom device C/c close cdrom device R/r redraw screen M/m change playmethod (-/+) +/- change trackmodifier (+/-) </> change audio volume of cdrom device (-/+) Q/q quit mcdp ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
CDDA_DEVICE Reserved or later :) CDROM Try this cdrom as default (if unset, CDROM_DEFAULT from params.h is used). CDDB_PATH path to your local cddb files (if unset, _no_ cddb titelinfo is displayed) CDDB_SERVER IP:PORT of a freedb server (if unset, only local cddb stuff is used, if it exists in $CDDB_PATH/$discid). LOGNAME Is used for remote cddb login. HOSTNAME Is used for remote cddb login too. FILES
$HOME/.workmandb Is used (first) for reading wmdb entries. $CDDB_PATH/* Is used for reeading/writing cddb entries. RETURN VALUES
0 no errors occured / normal quit 1 the given cd-device isn't a cd-device 2 your cd seems to be sth. other then a CD-Audio or CD-Mixed 3 some error while processing terminal code NOTES
Some terminals don't like the default escape-sequences from params.h ... if so, you have to edit them ! Successfully tested terminals are vt100, linux, xterm, xterm-color. If you haven't direct access to a freedb server, you may use some port redirector program ... see freshmeat. If you have devfs, mcdp will try /dev/cdroms/cdrom0, else /dev/cdrom is tried! AUTHOR
Tino Reichardt <milky-mcdp@mcmilk.de> Homepage: http://www.mcmilk.de/projects/mcdp/ mcdp-0.4 2004-02-20 MCDP(1)