Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hex data conversion
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users hex data conversion Post 100791 by gauravgoel on Thursday 2nd of March 2006 03:07:45 AM
Old 03-02-2006
suppose you are reading the binary value in a variable s odo it like this

Quote:
typeset -Z4 b_var
b_var=`echo 'ibase=16; obase=2; 2' | bc`
Gaurav

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hex Conversion

I need to have my scripts import volume groups and mknod devices files. I have most of the script working but the device file needs to be in the format 0x??0000 (where the question marks are my HEX representations of the volume group number. I have the code below and the output it produces which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ANSI C, char to hex conversion

Hi, I have a char buf,ch; and the buf is filled with the result from MySQL server which I get like this numbytes = recv(sock, buf, 1024, 0));I have the followingcode to display the results printf("received %ld bytes:\n",numbytes); for(c=0;c<numbytes;c++){ ch = (char)buf; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikims
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conversion from EBCDIC to HEX

Hello, Is there any utility around able to deal with the conversion of some EBCDIC coded string into an hexadecimal value? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading hex data from assembler

Hi, I have files that has got ebcdic character set and also, there are fields like binary and hex fields. is there a way to convert this to normal ascii data by taking care of comp & comp-3 fields? Many Thanks!! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal to hex conversion

Dear All PROs Thanks in advance need a shell for Decimal to hex conversion input file (decimal values) 65,5,48,66,133,131,118,47 65,5,48,66,133,131,83,63 . . desire output should be (Hex value)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
11 Replies

6. Programming

Hex string conversion?

Hello all. I need help... How can I cenvert this 42ec93df826c804ea531c56594db453d54daad4b to normal text? What convertor I have to use? Thanks. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: escudo
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HEX to DEC Conversion Error

I'm trying to convert hex to dec and with the help of output i need to do the process. If i execute the below code assetValue=8f assetNavigation=$(echo "ibase=16; "$assetValue"" | bc) echo $assetNavigation i'm getting the error below $ sh script.sh (standard_in) 1: syntax error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amutha
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HEX to DEC Conversion

I'm trying to convert hex to dec and with the help of output i need to do the process. If i execute the below code assetValue=8f assetNavigation=$(echo "ibase=16; "$assetValue"" | bc) echo $assetNavigation i'm getting the error below $ sh script.sh (standard_in) 1: syntax error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String to HEX conversion in UNIX

i have this below string which i need to convert it to HEX. i have already tried it but it showing extra few things on it.. let me show what i have done and what is the output i am getting and what is the desired output the input string is "!\"\"\"\"\"\"\"!\"\"\"\"\"\"\"" which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How add 0 in hex conversion?

Hi, Got the below code in this forum, for i in `cat test`; do printf "%16s\n" $(echo "ibase=10;obase=16;$i" | bc) done Understand, this will not give output with '0'. Need help to get the output with '0'. Regards, Siva (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies
btohex(3TSOL)					       Trusted Extensions Library Functions					     btohex(3TSOL)

NAME
btohex, bsltoh, bcleartoh, bsltoh_r, bcleartoh_r, h_alloc, h_free - convert binary label to hexadecimal SYNOPSIS
cc [flag...] file... -ltsol [library...] #include <tsol/label.h> char *bsltoh(const m_label_t *label); char *bcleartoh(const m_label_t *clearance); char *bsltoh_r(const m_label_t *label, char *hex); char *bcleartoh_r(const m_label_t *clearance, char *hex); char *h_alloc(const unsigned char type); void h_free(char *hex); DESCRIPTION
These functions convert binary labels into hexadecimal strings that represent the internal value. The bsltoh() and bsltoh_r() functions convert a binary sensitivity label into a string of the form: [0xsensitivity_label_hexadecimal_value] The bcleartoh() and bcleartoh_r() functions convert a binary clearance into a string of the form: 0xclearance_hexadecimal_value The h_alloc() function allocates memory for the hexadecimal value type for use by bsltoh_r() and bcleartoh_r(). Valid values for type are: SUN_SL_ID label is a binary sensitivity label. SUN_CLR_ID label is a binary clearance. The h_free() function frees memory allocated by h_alloc(). RETURN VALUES
These functions return a pointer to a string that contains the result of the translation, or (char *)0 if the parameter is not of the required type. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The bsltoh(), bcleartoh(), bsltoh_r(), bcleartoh_r(), h_alloc(), and h_free() functions are Obsolete. Use the label_to_str(3TSOL) function instead. The bsltoh() and bcleartoh() functions share the same statically allocated string storage. They are not MT-Safe. Subsequent calls to any of these functions will overwrite that string with the newly translated string. The bsltoh_r() and bcleartoh_r() functions should be used in multithreaded applications. SEE ALSO
atohexlabel(1M), hextoalabel(1M),label_to_str(3TSOL), libtsol(3LIB), attributes(5), labels(5) NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the system is configured with Trusted Extensions. SunOS 5.11 20 Jul 2007 btohex(3TSOL)