Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capturing shell script command output Post 100734 by designflaw on Wednesday 1st of March 2006 02:53:27 PM
Old 03-01-2006
Network Capturing shell script command output

I am trying to check to see if a file exists on a ftp server, well, I know that cant be done, atleast directly, So I came up with this small script

Quote:
check_file
Code:
ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT
quote USER $USER
quote PASS $PASSWD
cd public_html/crap
dir $FILE
quit
END_SCRIPT

Where the $ variable have corresponding values, so if I run this on the promt as check_file > check.txt, I can then just check the file size for the check.txt file and know if the file exists or not. Well good deal, But I want to do the above check in the same script, for example, something like

Quote:
check_file_improved
Code:
{
ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT
quote USER $USER
quote PASS $PASSWD
cd public_html/crap
dir $FILE
quit
END_SCRIPT
} > $CHECK_FILE
if $CHECK_FILE = 0 {
  # file does not exist, lets upload the file to the server
  }
else {
  # file exists on the server, rename the file on server before uploading
  }

but somehow, I cannot capture any information into the $CHECK_FILE. Anyone ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing output in script

I have the following line in my script: $sftpcmd $rmthost <<COMMANDS>> $sftplog 2>&1 For some reason this is not capturing the errors from sftp, they go to the file attached to the cron entry ie mm hh dd MM * /myscript > cron.out any idea why? digital unix 4.0d (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing line from script output and appending to a file

Hi all, I did some searching in this forum but can't find anything that matches the issue I'm bumping heads with. On a CentOS4/Postfix (and bash everywhere) mail gateway box I run a command periodically to purge the Postfix queue of messages "From:MAILER-DAEMON". This is the one line'r... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wally_welder
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing output from grpck command on AIX

I'm having trouble capturing output from the following command on AIX: grpck -n ALL > error.out It gives me the results on the screen but my file is blank. I have no trouble capturing output from "ls > ls.out", but doesn't seem to work with the grpck command. Any ideas? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the output from an exec command

Hi, I'm new to ksh - unix platform. I'm writing a small script which will search my current directory and will search for file names which it takes input from the users. Here is the code I'm having. 1 #!/bin/ksh 2 echo "enter a file name to be searched in the current dir : " 3 read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing Sybase SP output in Shell Script

Greetings, I need to capture the output of a Sybase stored procedure, inside my shell script( k shell). Based on this output, I need to call another perl script, with input arguments as the result set of the procedure execution. I need to keep looping through and call the perl script, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajpreetsidhu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem capturing output in TCL script

I have a TCL script that logs into a switch using expect.I send a command "show port-security address" and it returns a table having a large number of rows.I need to capture this output(the table) and store it in a .txt file. I have done this: match_max 5000 set expect_out(buffer) {} set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: plasmalightwave
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing output of procedure in variable in shell script

Hi guys I am calling one DB2 stored proc through unix. It is giving me below output. I want to capture the value 150 in one UNIX variable in shell script. Please let me know how I can achieve this. Thanks in advance Value of output parameters -------------------------- Parameter Name :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnimavat
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing script output and input to log

Hi Is there a way that I can capture a shell script (both output and input) to a log file where I can analyze it? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing first output from 'top'-likes command

Is this a stupid code?? top > top.out & sleep 2 kill %1 cat top.out Thanks, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help capturing output of expect script

match_max 500000 set timeout 30 set outcome1 {} set outcome2 {} set inputfile C:\\Users\\Administrator\\Desktop\\inputfile.txt send -i $con "\r"; expect -i $con "Desktop>" { exp_send "type $inputfile \r" } set timeout 30 expect { "Desktop>" { set outcome $expect_out(0,string);}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cityprince143
3 Replies
Mojo::Server::Morbo(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Mojo::Server::Morbo(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Server::Morbo - DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Server::Morbo; my $morbo = Mojo::Server::Morbo->new; $morbo->run('./myapp.pl'); DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Server::Morbo is a full featured self-restart capable non-blocking I/O HTTP 1.1 and WebSocket server built around the very well tested and reliable Mojo::Server::Daemon with "IPv6", "TLS" and "libev" support. To start applications with it you can use the morbo script. $ morbo myapp.pl Server available at http://127.0.0.1:3000. Optional modules EV, IO::Socket::INET6 and IO::Socket::SSL are supported transparently and used if installed. Individual features can also be disabled with the "MOJO_NO_IPV6" and "MOJO_NO_TLS" environment variables. See Mojolicious::Guides::Cookbook for more. ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::Server::Morbo implements the following attributes. "watch" my $watch = $morbo->watch; $morbo = $morbo->watch(['/home/sri/myapp']); Files and directories to watch for changes, defaults to the application script as well as the "lib" and "templates" directories in the current working directory. METHODS
Mojo::Server::Morbo inherits all methods from Mojo::Base and implements the following new ones. "check_file" my $success = $morbo->check_file('/home/sri/lib/MyApp.pm'); Check if file has been modified since last check. "run" $morbo->run('script/myapp'); Run server for application. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Server::Morbo(3pm)