Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crontab problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers crontab problem Post 10073 by guest100 on Wednesday 7th of November 2001 10:00:50 AM
Old 11-07-2001
Thanks Livinfree,

The link was usefull. I believe it is the 'oracle' user password.
I have never been given the password for oracle and the procedure is to always switch to user 'oracle' using 'su' from root account.
Do you know if I can do that, if the oracle password has expired?
Thanks alot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Crontab

I have a server running 5.9 and I'm trying to cron in the following. 00 01 * * 7 cd /data/apache/logs && find . -type f -name "access.*" -mtime +1 -print |xargs rm > /dev/null 2>&1 But I keep get the following error.... 00 01 * * 7 cd /data/apache/logs && find . -type f -name "access.*"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab problem

HI, i am working on linux. i have crontab problem i wrote a small script and put it in a crontab . but the script is not running.. i have given following way in crontab -e 02 06 * * * /bin/csh /home/vr_test.csh but the above script is not running please rectify my... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
26 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with crontab

I'm trying to get crontab to run a script, but to test crontab I tried out a very simple command: `echo bob` here is my crontab file (I edited it by using `crontab -e`): ----------------- #!/bin/sh 23 10 * * * echo bob and at 10:23 every day I get a new message: in /var/mail/a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with crontab

i added to my crontab file: * * * * * echo "hello" it works, i receive a message into my /var/mail/username and i receive: bob in addition to a large text add-on any help appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi all while using crontab -e im receiving 754 as output im unable to add a entry in crontab crontab -l is working fine OS: sun5.8 can some one please assist me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Problem

Dear All , I have .sh script wich has the following inside getFileName=Listportfolio.txt.`date +'%Y%m%d` ftp -n 172.10.10.1<<EOF user xxx xxx bin cd /home/gbs/FTP_Script get /home/gbs/FTP_Script/$getFileName bye EOF EOF when I run the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in crontab

Hi All, Am facing an issue while updating the crontab.Getting below error while updating the cron. cron/tmp.XXXX5fXBR6: No space left on device crontab: edits left in /tmp/crontab.XXXXEJX5gw Is there any file where i need to alter using root user so that i can update the cron. TIA... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
9 Replies

8. AIX

Crontab problem

Hi to all. Guys, i have a truble with oracle user crontab. He work if i'm do 0-59 * * * * echo LOL> ~/test.txt But not work if me set realy norm date For example 14 17 28 12 * echo LOL> ~/test.txt In 17:14 28 December . In log file /var/adm/cron/log nothing.... Please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi.. i have a program (tf.sh), and i want what it runs automatically with a "lapsus" of 2 hours. (1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23 hrs.) i know what i have to do it using crontab, but i donīt know how to do it. i have the next idea, but the problem is what it doesnīt run on my server... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
11 Replies

10. Solaris

problem with crontab

hi all does any on has explanation for this result bash-3.00$ crontab -e "/var/tmp/Ex1kayUW" No space left on device The crontab file was not changed. bash-3.00$ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmannix
2 Replies
asadmin(1M)						    Application Server Utility						       asadmin(1M)

NAME
asadmin - utility for performing administrative tasks for the Sun Java System Application Server SYNOPSIS
asadmin subcommand [-short_option[short_option_argument]]* [--long_option[long_option_argument]]* [operand]* Use the asadmin utility to perform any administrative task for the Sun Java System Application Server. You can use this utility in place of using the Administration Console. The subcommand identifies the operation or task you wish to perform. Subcommands are case-sensitive. Short option arguments have a single dash (-); while long option arguments have two dashes (--). Options modify how the utility performs a subcommand. Options are also case- sensitive. Most options require argument values except boolean options which toggle to switch a feature ON or OFF. Operands appear after the argument values, and are set off by a space, a tab, or double dashes (--). The asadmin utility treats anything that comes after the options and their values as an operand. Local subcommands can be executed without the presence of an administration server. However, it is required that the user be logged into the machine hosting the domain in order to execute the subcommand and have access (permissions) for the installation and domain directo- ries. Remote subcommands are always executed by connecting to an administration server and executing the subcommand there. A running administra- tion server is required. All remote subcommands require the following options: -u --user authorized domain application server administrative username. -w --password password to administer the domain application server. -H --host machine name where the domain application server is running. -p --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. -s --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. -t --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. -e --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. -I --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. For security purposes, you can set the password for a subcommand from a file instead of entering the password at the command line. The --passwordfile option takes the file containing the passwords. The valid contents for the file are: AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=value AS_ADMIN_ADMINPASSWORD=value AS_ADMIN_USERPASSWORD=value Given the --passwordfile option and its value, the password options in the passwordfile are exported to the global environment; subsequent subcommands without the password options take this value. However, if both the --password and --passwordfile options are specified on the command line, the password value in the passwordfile is exported to the global environment and subsequent subcommands without the --pass- word option would take this value. However, for the current subcommand, the --password option value specified on the command line is taken since the --password option takes precedence over the --passwordfile option. To use the --secure option, you must use the set command to enable the security--enabled flag in the admin http-listener in the domain.xml. When you use the asadmin subcommands to create and/or delete, you must restart the server for the newly created command to take affect. Use the start-domain command to restart the server. Some characters, such as the colon (:), the asterisk (*), and the backslash(, cause errors if you use them in the command syntax unless you use escape characters to set them off. The possibilities for using escape characters vary depending upon what platform you use and whether you use singlemode or multimode. You do not need to use escape characters for colons in the get or set commands. On UNIX, in singlemode, you can use either two backslashes () or double-quotes (" ") to escape restricted characters. For example, when creating a JDBC connection pool with an option whose value includes colons, you could use backslashes (example assumes the environment variables have been set for some properties): asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@asperfsol8:1521:V8i:user=staging_lookup_app:password=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup To use quotes in the same example as above, you would enclose the value in double quotes (") and escape the double quotes with the back- slash. asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url= word=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup On windows, in singlemode, you can escape using the backslash character. For example, when creating a JDBC connection pool with an option whose value includes colons, you could use backslashes (example assumes the environment variables have been set for some properties): asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url=jdbcoraclethin@asperfsol81521V8i:user=staging_lookup_app:pas sword=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup On any platform, in singlemode, you can use backslashes to escape the character and enclose the value containing the escaped characters in double quotes. For example, when creating a JDBC connection pool with a option whose value includes colons, you could use the escape char- acters as follows (example assumes the environment variables have been set for some properties): asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url="jdbcoraclethin@iasperfsol81521V8i":user=staging_lookup_app: password=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup On any platform, in multimode, you can use the following syntax, which only requires quotes, not slashes or backslashes: asadmin> create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@asperfsol8:1521:V8i":user=staging_lookup_app:password=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup To access the manpages for the Application Server Command-line interface subcommands, add $AS_INSTALL/man to your MANPATH environment vari- able. You can obtain overall usage information for any of the asadmin utility subcommands by invoking the --help option. If you specify a sub- command, the usage information for that subcommand is displayed. Using the help option without a subcommand displays a listing of all the available subcommands. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ appclient(1M), package-appclient(1M) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin(1M)