Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Automating Database scripts in UNIX Post 100700 by konquistador on Wednesday 1st of March 2006 10:52:26 AM
Old 03-01-2006
Automating Database scripts in UNIX

Hi everybody, can someone please suggest me how to implement the running of SQL table scripts(.sql) at a specific time automatically in UNIX ?Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating interactive scripts

Hi all, I am trying to write a program that will automate interactive scripts that use 'pkgadd'. Easily enough I can use 'pkgask' and a response file for most of what I want to do, but unfortunately there are parts of some pkg installations that are configured to only take input from /dev/tty!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bookoo
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Hi everybody, can someone please suggest me how to implement the running of SQL table scripts(.sql) at a specific time automatically in UNIX ?Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: konquistador
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi everybody, can someone please suggest me how to implement the running of SQL table scripts(.sql) at a specific time automatically in UNIX ?Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: konquistador
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating back up of database tables

Hi all, i would like to set a cronjob to back up my db tables. I have written the par file, i would like to know how can i execute a exp command in a shell script. my par file userid=admin/password file=backup.dmp log=backupLOG.log tables= (Tables 1, Tables 2)My cron job script will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating UNIX backups?

Hi all, I'm quite limited in UNIX unfortunately for me, and need to find a solution to something thats giving me headaches every morning. We need to make daily backups of a server we have in the office every morning, as well as then FTPing the created backup files over to a specific FTP address... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: de049
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts for automating server inventory for unix servers

Dear Team, I am very new to shell scripting & and presently monitoring unix boxes I am looking for a shell script which will give me the below output script should contain - hostname,OS Version,CPU details, Physical Memory, Partitions Details, Network Details and Software Installed,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating A Perl Script over a database

Dear Scripting Gods I've never done shell scripting before and have only recently got to grips with Perl, so apologies for my naivity. I've written a perl program which takes in two files as arguments (these are text documents which take in the information I need) The perl program spits out a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fraizerangus
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

using unix scripts database access

i want to access database (sql script) within a unix script. help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamaraa
2 Replies

9. Web Development

Help me in automating the recycling of UNIX server

Hello everyone...I am very new to UNIX hence needs your help in below. i have written a script to change some configuration in property files and its working fine.but to reflect that change at the application i want to recycle WAS and ihs.i.e. run below start and stop commands at /usr/local/bin ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanaa
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automating UNIX/Solaris password resets

Hi, we are running solaris 5.10 and looking for solutions to automate password resets? Plz assist. Thanks, Sridhar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chvgms
6 Replies
Tangram::Type::Array::Scalar(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Tangram::Type::Array::Scalar(3pm)

NAME
Tangram::Type/Array/Scalar - map Perl array of strings or numbers SYNOPSIS
use Tangram::Core; use Tangram::Type/Array/Scalar; # always $schema = Tangram::Schema->new( classes => { NaturalPerson => { fields => { flat_array => { interests => { table => 'NP_int', sql => 'VARCHAR(50)', }, lucky_numbers => 'int', # use defaults } DESCRIPTION
Maps references to a Perl array. The persistent fields are grouped in a hash under the "array" key in the field hash. The array may contain only 'simple' scalars like integers, strings or real numbers. It may not contain references. For arrays of objects, see Tangram::Type::Array::FromMany and Tangram::Type::Array::FromOne. Tangram uses a table to save the state of the collection. The table has three columns, which contain * the id of the container object * the position of the element in the array * the value of the element The field names are passed in a hash that associates a field name with a field descriptor. The field descriptor may be either a hash or a string. The hash uses the following fields: * type * table * sql Optional field "type" specifies the type of the elements. If the type is "string"Tangram quotes the values as they are passed to the data- base. Not specifying a "type" is exactly equivalent to specifying "string". Optional field "table" sets the name of the table that contains the elements. This defaults to 'C_F', where C is the class of the contain- ing object and F is the field name. Optional field "sql" specifies the type that deploy() (see Tangram::Deploy) should use for the column containing the elements. If this field is not present, the SQL type is derived from the "type" field: if "type" is "string" (or is absent) VARCHAR(255) is used; otherwise, the "type" field is interpreted as a SQL type. If the descriptor is a string, it is interpreted as the value of the "type" field and all the other fields take the default value. perl v5.8.8 2006-03-29 Tangram::Type::Array::Scalar(3pm)