Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Arrange date in a field
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arrange date in a field Post 100578 by mgirinath on Tuesday 28th of February 2006 02:56:35 PM
Old 02-28-2006
why not try this...
Code:
datetime=`echo "$3" | awk -F"/" '{ print $2"/"substr($3,1,2)"/20"$1 }'`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

handling date field

Hi, Is there any way we could change the date format listed below... date I get is 03302007 (MMDDYYYY) I need to change it to 20070330 (YYYYMMDD) Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Sort files on date field

:cool: Hi all, I have a pecular issue in sorting these files in Solaris environment. All the below files are modified on November 4th, but I want to sort these files as per date column (eg: 01May07_1623 = ddmmmyy_hhmm) Nov 4 18:27 SONYELEC00.GI22973.01May07_1623.gpg Nov 4 18:27... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivaastrogun
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping padding in a date field

Hi Guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with a script, i need to get the day, month and day of month into a string, so i'm using: CURRENT_DATE=`date +"%a %b %e"` It is getting the correct date out, however it is not keeping the padding on the day of month. The %e is supposed to pad the day... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seanbyrne
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

date field manipulation

I have a data file. Seperated by "|". The 19 th filed is a date field that occurs like this 11/02/2001 i need to convert into the below format 2001-11-02 for e.g.. i/p o/p should be can somebody throw some light (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change field 2 date format

from this input WEBELSOLAR,29122009,1:1 WIPRO,15062010,2:3 ZANDUREALT,18012007,1:3 i want output as WEBELSOLAR,20091229,1:1 WIPRO,20100615,2:3 ZANDUREALT,20070118,1:3 basically input is in ddmmyyyy format and i was to convert it to yyyymmdd format (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishma71
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting Date Field with Sort -k :/

SOLVED : (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glitch100
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a date field has date or timestamp or date&timestamp

Hi, In a field, I should receive the date with time stamp in a particular field. But sometimes the vendor sends just the date or the timestamp or correctl the date&timestamp. I have to figure out the the data is a date or time stamp or date&timestamp. If it is date then append "<space>00:00:00"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

8. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing date field from the string

Hii I am trying to remove the date field from the following string. ODS_EPP_COVRG_STN_DETL_FILE_10032014.TXT. My output should be ODS_EPP_COVRG_STN_DETL_FILE.TXT I tried couple of things: echo ODS_EPP_COVRG_STN_DETL_FILE_10032014.TXT|sed 's/_*\.*//g' I am getting:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skatpally
9 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Arrange file by modified date

Hi, Am performing a find based on filename and result can contain multiple files being found Let's say my find command is find /Archive -f -name 12345.pdf and result of find command is /Archive/Folder A/12345.pdf /Archive/Folder B/12345.pdf please note white space in folder names I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
2 Replies
DateTime::Format::MySQL(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      DateTime::Format::MySQL(3pm)

NAME
DateTime::Format::MySQL - Parse and format MySQL dates and times SYNOPSIS
use DateTime::Format::MySQL; my $dt = DateTime::Format::MySQL->parse_datetime( '2003-01-16 23:12:01' ); # 2003-01-16 23:12:01 DateTime::Format::MySQL->format_datetime($dt); DESCRIPTION
This module understands the formats used by MySQL for its DATE, DATETIME, TIME, and TIMESTAMP data types. It can be used to parse these formats in order to create DateTime objects, and it can take a DateTime object and produce a string representing it in the MySQL format. METHODS
This class offers the following methods. All of the parsing methods set the returned DateTime object's time zone to the floating time zone, because MySQL does not provide time zone information. * parse_datetime($string) * parse_date($string) * parse_timestamp($string) Given a value of the appropriate type, this method will return a new "DateTime" object. The time zone for this object will always be the floating time zone, because by MySQL stores the local datetime, not UTC. If given an improperly formatted string, this method may die. * format_date($datetime) * format_time($datetime) * format_datetime($datetime) Given a "DateTime" object, this methods returns an appropriately formatted string. SUPPORT
Support for this module is provided via the datetime@perl.org email list. See http://lists.perl.org/ for more details. AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 David Rolsky. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
datetime@perl.org mailing list http://datetime.perl.org/ perl v5.8.8 2006-10-23 DateTime::Format::MySQL(3pm)