Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Arrange date in a field
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arrange date in a field Post 100566 by sabercats on Tuesday 28th of February 2006 12:54:34 PM
Old 02-28-2006
Arrange date in a field

Hi all,

If I have a flat file
ID|Location|Date|Hostname|Age|Sex
1|SFO|06/02/24 12:12:34|hawkeye|35|M
2|LAX|06/02/24 13:12:35|sf49ers|30|M
3|OAK|06/02/25 11:12:36|goraiders|27|F
4|PIT|06/02/25 12:12:37|steeler|35|M

How can I create an output
1|SFO|02/24/2006 12:12:34|hawkeye|35|M
2|LAX|02/24/2006 13:12:35|sf49ers|30|M
3|OAK|02/25/2006 11:12:36|goraiders|27|F
4|PIT|02/25/2006 12:12:37|steeler|35|M

Thanks .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

handling date field

Hi, Is there any way we could change the date format listed below... date I get is 03302007 (MMDDYYYY) I need to change it to 20070330 (YYYYMMDD) Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Sort files on date field

:cool: Hi all, I have a pecular issue in sorting these files in Solaris environment. All the below files are modified on November 4th, but I want to sort these files as per date column (eg: 01May07_1623 = ddmmmyy_hhmm) Nov 4 18:27 SONYELEC00.GI22973.01May07_1623.gpg Nov 4 18:27... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivaastrogun
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping padding in a date field

Hi Guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with a script, i need to get the day, month and day of month into a string, so i'm using: CURRENT_DATE=`date +"%a %b %e"` It is getting the correct date out, however it is not keeping the padding on the day of month. The %e is supposed to pad the day... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seanbyrne
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

date field manipulation

I have a data file. Seperated by "|". The 19 th filed is a date field that occurs like this 11/02/2001 i need to convert into the below format 2001-11-02 for e.g.. i/p o/p should be can somebody throw some light (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change field 2 date format

from this input WEBELSOLAR,29122009,1:1 WIPRO,15062010,2:3 ZANDUREALT,18012007,1:3 i want output as WEBELSOLAR,20091229,1:1 WIPRO,20100615,2:3 ZANDUREALT,20070118,1:3 basically input is in ddmmyyyy format and i was to convert it to yyyymmdd format (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishma71
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting Date Field with Sort -k :/

SOLVED : (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glitch100
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a date field has date or timestamp or date&timestamp

Hi, In a field, I should receive the date with time stamp in a particular field. But sometimes the vendor sends just the date or the timestamp or correctl the date&timestamp. I have to figure out the the data is a date or time stamp or date&timestamp. If it is date then append "<space>00:00:00"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

8. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing date field from the string

Hii I am trying to remove the date field from the following string. ODS_EPP_COVRG_STN_DETL_FILE_10032014.TXT. My output should be ODS_EPP_COVRG_STN_DETL_FILE.TXT I tried couple of things: echo ODS_EPP_COVRG_STN_DETL_FILE_10032014.TXT|sed 's/_*\.*//g' I am getting:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skatpally
9 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Arrange file by modified date

Hi, Am performing a find based on filename and result can contain multiple files being found Let's say my find command is find /Archive -f -name 12345.pdf and result of find command is /Archive/Folder A/12345.pdf /Archive/Folder B/12345.pdf please note white space in folder names I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
2 Replies
Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)

NAME
Date::Manip::Migration5to6 - how to upgrade from 5.xx to 6.00 SYNOPSIS
When upgrading from Date::Manip 5.xx to 6.00, a few changes may be necessary to your scripts. The Date::Manip::Changes5to6 document lists in more detail the ways in which Date::Manip changed, but very few of these actually entail changes to your script. It should be noted that once the changes are made to your script, it will no longer run correctly in 5.xx. NECESSARY AND SUGGESTED CHANGES
The following changes are necessary, or strongly suggested: Reading config files with Date_Init If you use Date_Init to read any config files (if you do business mode calculations, you probably do), you should remove all of the following config variables from your call to Date_Init: GlobalCnf=FILE PersonalCnf=FILE PathSep=* IgnoreGlobalCnf=* PersonalCnfPath=* and replace them with: ConfigFile=FILE where FILE is now the full path to a config file. Also, the ConfigFile argument should be the first argument in Date_Init. Date_ConvTZ The Date_ConvTZ function has changed. It should now take 3 arguments: $date = Date_ConvTZ($date,$from,$to); If $from is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. If $to is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. The date is converted from the $from time zone into the $to time zone. Both should be any time zone (or alias) supported by Date::Manip. The old $errlevel argument is no longer handled. ConvTZ and TZ config variables If you use either the ConvTZ or TZ config variables, you should replace them with either SetDate or ForceDate. See the Date::Manip::Config document for information. Other deprecated config variables Most of the deprecated config variables continue to function (though they will be removed at a future date). These include: GlobalCnf IgnoreGlobalCnf PersonalCnf PersonalCnfPath PathSep TZ Internal The following variables have been removed. If you use any of them, you may need to modify your scripts: ConvTZ TodayIsMidnight DeltaSigns UpdateCurrTZ today, yesterday, tomorrow If you parse the strings "today", "yesterday", or "tomorrow" in order to get the time now, or 24 hours in the past/future, this will no longer work. These strings now refer strictly to the date (so "today" is the current day at midnight, "yesterday" is the previous day at midnight, etc.). To get the time now, 24 hours ago, or 24 hours in the future, you would need to parse the strings "now", "-24:00:00", or "+24:00:00" respectively. Do not use Memoize In 5.xx, it was documented that you could use the module Memoize to speed up Date::Manip, especially when sorting dates. This information is no longer accurate. Using Memoize in conjuction with Date::Manip should have little impact on performance, and may lead to incorrect results, especially if you change config variables. Please see the Date::Manip::Changes5to6 (GENERAL CHANGES) document for more information. If you find other instances where it is necessary to modify your script, please email me so that I can add that information to this document. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip - main module documentation LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.12.1 2010-01-12 Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)