Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Line Terminator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Line Terminator Post 100415 by mercy on Monday 27th of February 2006 11:25:36 AM
Old 02-27-2006
some thing like this:
$ sed -e '588,$d' your_file > file_without_lins

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing data onto new lines based on terminator

I have a requirement, where based on a particular character on a single line, the data has to be written to new lines... Ex: abccd$xyzll$bacc$kkklkjl$albc My output should be abccd$ xyzll$ bacc$ kkklkjl$ albc Can someone help on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thanuman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding line terminator

Can someone help , how to add a terminator at the end of each line through shell command. ex: input file: abc xyz2 outputfile (terminator is !) abc! xyz2! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thanuman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< terminator not found error

I am using the following script. I am basically trying to enter data to my database using a storeprocedure. PFB MY script. #!/bin/csh -f foreach FF (`cat ADDUSERS`) isql -VENKIDB -U gloss -P glosss << _endl set nocount on go use VENKI_PROD go print "Adding the user to GSTB... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminator for SunOS 5.10

Hi, I am trying to install Terminator (terminal emulator) on SunOS 5.10. But on their page I do not see download for this one: code . google . com / p / jessies / downloads / list software . jessies . org / terminator / #downloads Did anyone manage to to this, and if it is, can please give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spuzh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record terminator on alternate line

Hello All, I have csv file like this 1,"suzi","305 Barehills","Vancover",34256 2,"molly","456 beverleyhills","Minisotta",234876 I want to put a customized record terminator on every alternate lines of this file. The file is a input to database and the record terminator is by default... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
3 Replies
Geometry::Primitive::Line(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Geometry::Primitive::Line(3pm)

NAME
Geometry::Primitive::Line - A Line DESCRIPTION
Geometry::Primitive::Line represents a straight curve defined by two points. SYNOPSIS
use Geometry::Primitive::Line; my $line = Geometry::Primitive::Line->new(); $line->start($point1); $line->end($point2); ATTRIBUTES
end Set/Get the end point of the line. start Set/Get the start point of the line. METHODS
new Creates a new Geometry::Primitive::Line contains_point Returns true if the supplied point is 'on' the line. Accepts either a point object or an x y pair. grow Does nothing, as I'm not sure how. Patches or hints welcome. is_parallel ($other_line) Returns true if the supplied line is parallel to this one. is_perpendicular ($other_line) Returns true if the supplied line is perpendicular to this one. length Get the length of the line. point_end Get the end point. Provided for Shape role. point_start Get the start point. Provided for Shape role. scale Does nothing at the moment. slope Get the slope of the line. to_string Guess! y_intercept Returns the Y intercept of this line. AUTHOR
Cory Watson <gphat@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE You can redistribute and/or modify this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-01-10 Geometry::Primitive::Line(3pm)