Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to validate a CSV file?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to validate a CSV file? Post 100335 by ElCaito on Sunday 26th of February 2006 05:53:15 PM
Old 02-26-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurelet
Assumes that if each line of the file has the same number of comma-delimited fields, then the file is a csv file.

Code:
awk 'BEGIN{FS=","}!n{n=NF}n!=NF{failed=1;exit}END{exit !failed}'

Yes. You are correct, but please can you explain this code to me, and how it works? I don't see where I can place the filename that I need to check in this bit of code.
What I am after is some sort of variable statement, to store either YES or NO (1 or 0) to say that the CSV file given in the command is a true CSV file.
Your assumption about the same number of commas per line is correct, and that is good enough for me.
Could I use the above code like this ...
Code:
set iscsv = awk 'BEGIN{FS=","}!n{n=NF}n!=NF{failed=1;exit}END{exit !failed}'

??

or?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate csv file load

Hi All, I am using sqlldr to load my csv files into the database. The code in the sh script is as follows. sqlldr ${DBUSER}/${DBPASS}@${ORACLE_SID} \ data=myCSV.data \ bad=myCSV.bad \ control=myCSV.ctl \ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

validate against a file

Hello all, I am having problem in writing a if condition for the following: I have a file Instance.dat which has: #Server Environment server1 dev server2 dev server3 sit #!/bin/ksh ENV=dev for i in $( cat Instances.dat | grep -v '#' |awk {'print $2'} ) do if ]... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate the file

How do we validate the header file. The file number should increament by 1 (position 17 to 19) if not abend the process. first week ABC0001 20100101123 second week ABC0001 20100108124 Third week ABC0001 20100115125 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to: Validate a CSV file using an XSD?

Hi All, I was wondering if there is a utility/perl library/way of validating the contents of a CSV file using an XSD. i.e. Customer csv (including Header & Trailer) Cust_num, Cust_nme, Cust_typ, Cust_act_dte, Cust_loc, 101,Joe's Pizza,Retail,10121979,Detroit, 102,Sony... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: luinzi
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to ingest a csv, validate data and insert into Oracle

Hi all i would appreciate your help... I am looking for a set of unix commands which i can use to 1) ingest a csv file with a known format 2) validate the filename 3) validate the data/datatypes 4) Insert into an oracle db Can you help get me started? yogz888 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogz888
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Validate csv file

Hi guys, i want to validate the no.of colums in a csv file ,but if there is a comma(,) in any of the data values it should skip and count only valid (,) commas. e.g 1.abc,pqrs,1234,567,hhh result :4 2.abc,pqrs,1234,567,hhh,"in,valid",end12 result:6 here script should skip the comma inside... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harry123
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to validate header in a csv file

Hi All; I am struggling to write a script that validates file header. Header file would be like below with TAB separated TRX # TYPE REF # Source Piece Code Destination Piece Code every time I need to check the txt file if the header was same as above fields if validation success... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: heye18
6 Replies
dlags2.f(3)							      LAPACK							       dlags2.f(3)

NAME
dlags2.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine dlags2 (UPPER, A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, CSU, SNU, CSV, SNV, CSQ, SNQ) DLAGS2 Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine dlags2 (logicalUPPER, double precisionA1, double precisionA2, double precisionA3, double precisionB1, double precisionB2, double precisionB3, double precisionCSU, double precisionSNU, double precisionCSV, double precisionSNV, double precisionCSQ, double precisionSNQ) DLAGS2 Purpose: DLAGS2 computes 2-by-2 orthogonal matrices U, V and Q, such that if ( UPPER ) then U**T *A*Q = U**T *( A1 A2 )*Q = ( x 0 ) ( 0 A3 ) ( x x ) and V**T*B*Q = V**T *( B1 B2 )*Q = ( x 0 ) ( 0 B3 ) ( x x ) or if ( .NOT.UPPER ) then U**T *A*Q = U**T *( A1 0 )*Q = ( x x ) ( A2 A3 ) ( 0 x ) and V**T*B*Q = V**T*( B1 0 )*Q = ( x x ) ( B2 B3 ) ( 0 x ) The rows of the transformed A and B are parallel, where U = ( CSU SNU ), V = ( CSV SNV ), Q = ( CSQ SNQ ) ( -SNU CSU ) ( -SNV CSV ) ( -SNQ CSQ ) Z**T denotes the transpose of Z. Parameters: UPPER UPPER is LOGICAL = .TRUE.: the input matrices A and B are upper triangular. = .FALSE.: the input matrices A and B are lower triangular. A1 A1 is DOUBLE PRECISION A2 A2 is DOUBLE PRECISION A3 A3 is DOUBLE PRECISION On entry, A1, A2 and A3 are elements of the input 2-by-2 upper (lower) triangular matrix A. B1 B1 is DOUBLE PRECISION B2 B2 is DOUBLE PRECISION B3 B3 is DOUBLE PRECISION On entry, B1, B2 and B3 are elements of the input 2-by-2 upper (lower) triangular matrix B. CSU CSU is DOUBLE PRECISION SNU SNU is DOUBLE PRECISION The desired orthogonal matrix U. CSV CSV is DOUBLE PRECISION SNV SNV is DOUBLE PRECISION The desired orthogonal matrix V. CSQ CSQ is DOUBLE PRECISION SNQ SNQ is DOUBLE PRECISION The desired orthogonal matrix Q. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 152 of file dlags2.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 dlags2.f(3)