Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unable to delete file for permission problem Post 100322 by sabyasm on Sunday 26th of February 2006 02:07:50 PM
Old 02-26-2006
Java unable to delete file for permission problem

Hi,

We are facing problem to delete some logfiles. Explaing with example for clear understanding :

we have 2 accounts : prdpqrs (application account) & prodxyz (admin account - not root). Both of them are in same group called 'release'

While prodxyz is trying to remove a file owned by prdpqrs with permission 666 it's failing with the following error :

/abc_serial/xyz/data/abc/admin/abc_rts_loaders/log/sos/discard> ls -ltr
total 0
-rw-rw-rw-+ 1 prdpqrs release 0 Feb 26 13:13 xx
/abc_serial/xyz/data/abc/admin/abc_rts_loaders/log/sos/discard> rm xx
xx: 666+ mode ? (y/n) y
rm: xx not removed. Permission denied
/abc_serial/xyz/data/abc/admin/abc_rts_loaders/log/sos/discard> cd ..
/abc_serial/xyz/data/abc/admin/abc_rts_loaders/log/sos>ls -l
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 prdpqrs release 96 Feb 26 18:36 discard
/abc_serial/xyz/data/abc/admin/abc_rts_loaders/log/sos>cd ..
/abc_serial/xyz/data/abc/admin/abc_rts_loaders/log>ls -l
drwxrwxrwx+ 8 prodxyz release 8192 Feb 17 23:04 sos
/abc_serial/xyz/data/abc/admin/abc_rts_loaders/log>cd ..
/abc_serial/xyz/data/abc/admin/abc_rts_loaders> ls -l
total 256
drwxrws--- 32 prodxyz release 65536 Feb 20 07:33 error
drwxrwsrwx+ 39 prodxyz release 65536 Feb 20 07:42 log
drwxrws--- 2 prodxyz release 96 Aug 22 2003 reports
drwxrws--- 2 prodxyz release 96 Aug 22 2003 summary
/abc_serial/xyz/data/abc/admin/abc_rts_loaders>ls -l
drwxr-s---+ 6 prodxyz release 96 Aug 22 2003 abc_rts_loaders

Could you please advise how to delete those files owned by prdpqrs ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to delete a file

Hi .. I am trying to deleta a file but i cant do the error i get is rm: hs_pdref_custom_dict_PG1_out_76_out non-existent but when i do ls it is listing the in the directory ... please find the filed below.... -rw-r----- 1 tsta107 users 118011030 Dec 1 04:07... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
13 Replies

2. Solaris

file permission problem

Hi Expert, Could you tell me what is the meaning of " + " as shown below: drwxr-xrwx+ /opt Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file permission problem

Hello I have situation where with my user id (group x) I am able to view a file. However if su to another user (different group) I am not able to view. I get permission denied. The file has complete wide open permissions -rwxrwxrwx and I can also cd from root to the directory in which the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akumargolf2000
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to delete a file through SAMBA

We have AIX box with a share. We have a Windows 2000 server with a mapped drive to this share. We were able to create and delete files inside the mapped drive. I removed the map. Changed it to a test share. Removed that map. Added it back to teh original share. However, now we can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcubitt
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to delete an open file

I am working on a unix server. I killed all the processes with my id on the machine. After that I tried to delete a file, I got an error:- file not removed.Text File busy. Deletion of directory prompted:- Directory not empty. Can anyone help me regarding this...??? Thanks, Vikas (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasrout
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync help - unable to delete the Source file

Hi All, I am facing problem deleting Source while using the rsync command. rsync --include=*`date --date="-1 day" \+\%Y\%m\%d`* --include=*`date +\%Y\%m\%d`* --exclude=* --delete-after -auvb -e ssh USER@SERVER:SOURCE DESTINATION However the sync happens but not the deletion of the source... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to overwrite but can delete file

I'm debugging a ksh script written by someone else that does the following: It runs a command and redirects stdout to a file called dberror that already exists using ">". This command fails with the following error: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. dberror:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: savage66
1 Replies

8. SuSE

Cannot delete no permission file

I am trying to delete a folder, but unable to do so. tried my level best to delete. Here I am giving all the steps I have tried out - 1. Output of ls -la ls: cannot access -loop0: Permission denied ls: cannot access -e0.7: Permission denied total 324 d????????? ? ? ? ? ? -e0.7 d????????? ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudip.majumder
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to copy file using SCP (Input/output & Permission denied error)

Hi, I am facing issue while using scp. Source & target machines are Linux & HP-UX respectively. On target machine, if I fire the following command, I get error: Now if I try scp on another file, which is on the same source machine, it works fine. All directories and subdirectories... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Technext
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tried many options but unable to delete blank lines from text file

Hi, I tried the following options but was unable to delete blank lines from file Input file = temp.hash.txt temp.hash.txt content 90 0 89.56 0 0 57575.4544 56.89 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuuunnnn
9 Replies
KAS_DELETE(8)						       AFS Command Reference						     KAS_DELETE(8)

NAME
kas_delete - Deletes an entry from the Authentication Database SYNOPSIS
kas delete -name <name of user> [-admin_username <admin principal to use for authentication>] [-password_for_admin <admin password>] [-cell <cell name>] [-servers <explicit list of authentication servers>+] [-noauth] [-help] kas d -na <name of user> [-a <admin principal to use for authentication>] [-p <admin password>] [-c <cell name>] [-s <explicit list of authentication servers>+] [-no] [-h] kas rm -na <name of user> [-a <admin principal to use for authentication>] [-p <admin password>] [-c <cell name>] [-s <explicit list of authentication servers>+] [-no] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The kas delete command removes from the Authentication Database the user entry named by the -name argument. The indicated user becomes unable to log in, or the indicated server becomes unreachable (because the Authentication Server's Ticket Granting Service module no longer has a key with which to seal tickets for the server). OPTIONS
-name <name of user> Names the Authentication Database entry to delete. -admin_username <admin principal> Specifies the user identity under which to authenticate with the Authentication Server for execution of the command. For more details, see kas(8). -password_for_admin <admin password> Specifies the password of the command's issuer. If it is omitted (as recommended), the kas command interpreter prompts for it and does not echo it visibly. For more details, see kas(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see kas(8). -servers <authentication servers>+ Names each machine running an Authentication Server with which to establish a connection. For more details, see kas(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. For more details, see kas(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the administrative user "admin" entering interactive mode to delete three accounts. % kas Password for admin: ka> delete smith ka> delete pat ka> delete terry PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "ADMIN" flag set on his or her Authentication Database entry. SEE ALSO
kas(8), kas_create(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 KAS_DELETE(8)