Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Newbie needs help with simple script Post 100243 by bhargav on Saturday 25th of February 2006 01:06:07 AM
Old 02-25-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizizzle
ok i changed that,

it is saying ":bad interpreter: No such file or directory" when i try to execute the script.

I have tried /bin/bash, /usr/bin/bash, /bin/sh, /usr/bin/sh

nothing works.
for that perticular problem,

Code:
mkdir -p  $folder/cgi-bin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple newbie grep question

How come grep testfile1 won't find anything in testfile1 (even though the characters sd are there in great quantity), but grep '' testfile1 will find plenty? Do the single quotes prevent the shell from interpreting the testfile1 is interpreted as: grep *test whether or not characters sd exist*... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubleminus
5 Replies

2. Programming

newbie to unix programming in C, needed a few simple prgs on these functions!

Hi all, I am a newbie to unix programming using C.. So i would like to have a few simple C programs to start off with.. I wanted programs on learning , abort,kill and raise,alarm and pause,I would also like to know how to use the vfork() in a prg It would be really great if i can have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie problem with simple script to create a directory

script is: dirname= "$(date +%b%d)_$(date +%H%M)" mkdir $dirname should create a directory named Nov4_ Instead I get the following returned: root@dchs-pint-001:/=>./test1 ./test1: Nov04_0736: not found. Usage: mkdir Directory ... root@dchs-pint-001:/=> TOO easy, but what am I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwfay
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Help -I'm a newbie

Can someone help me write this shell script? I am completely new to shell and as a fun task my uncle has challenged me a problem (out of all other people). Basically, all he wants me to do is to create backup file in a folder that is named “disables.” This is what he said: create a shell script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hotcutiepie05
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple problem for a newbie

I am trying to find a way to display just sudoers, passwd and shadow files without the extensions.. Thank you for any suggestions ls -lrt /etc | egrep 'sudoers|passwd|group|shadow' -r-------- 1 root root 1338 Oct 31 2006 shadow.sav -r-------- 1 root root 5191... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Newbie Backup Script

Hello All, I have attempted to write my first complex (to me) backup script. I am offering it to any and all who may find it useful but would like to refine it as well. I'm using it to backup a Mac OSX Lion Server to a USB Raid5. The script is actually comprised of a daily and a weekly script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbol
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with simple Linux commands - NEWBIE here!

Hey guys, I need help with simple unix commands. I'm a newbie to Unix and don't know these commands. Any help is appreciated. 1. Logon to Linux. 2. Create a directory "Unix" under your home directory. Command(s): …………………………………………. 3. Create four... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loverangerguy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help newbie with script

hi!i am musician and have very little knowledge about shell here's my script #!/bin/bash for (( ; ; )) do wget some wikipedia article here --output-document=- > /dev/audio done so it downloads random wikipedia page (forum doesnt let me post link so i wrote some wikipedia article here... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlhungus
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script newbie, what is problem with my script?

Hello, Ubuntu server 11.10 can anybody help what is problem with my shell script? #!/bin/bash #script to find out currently logged on user is root or not. if ] then echo "You are super" else echo "You are awesome!" fi When I run script, I get following output ./uid: line 3: I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaustubh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)