Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cp without maintaining the soucre directory tree hierarchy Post 100087 by 435 Gavea on Thursday 23rd of February 2006 04:10:09 PM
Old 02-23-2006
cp without maintaining the soucre directory tree hierarchy

Hi guys.

I'm willing to copy a specific file system hierarchy, but I would not like to maintain the directory tree organization.

For example:

Let's say /a/b/c is the fs I'm wanting to copy to my destination,
and that c is a directory with 30 files, 10 on /a/b/c , 10 on a/b/c/c1 and 10 on a/b/c/c2 , I'd like to have all files from inside /a/b/c into my destination, but all of them scattered within a/b/c/ only , not obeying to the source directory tree (I wouldn't, hence, have the directories c1 nor c2, but I would have 30 files)

more clearly, how do I copy a multi-directory structure and have all the resulting files in a single directory destination, with all the files ending in one directory, alone ?

Thanks in advance,
Abrahao.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Directory tree search???

Hi all, I've got a problem, what function do i use to list the contents of all the directory tree (simular to "find")? Any other suggestions? Thank you all (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
3 Replies

2. Programming

directory as tree

hi i have modified a program to display directory entries recursively in a tree like form i need an output with the following guidelines: the prog displays the contents of the directory the directory contents are sorted before printing so that directories come before regular files if an entry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anything2
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to search and replace in multiple files in directory hierarchy

Hello all I need to search and replace in multiple files that are in directory hierarchy Im using the : find . -name "*.dsp" -print | xargs grep -n -o Test.lib" , I like to be able to replace every instance of Test.lib with empty space . how can I write one liner that does this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory tree

Hi all, The following is a script for displaying directory tree. D=${1:-`pwd`} (cd $D; pwd) find $D -type d -print | sort | sed -e "s,^$D,,"\ -e "/^$/d"\ -e "s,*/\(*\)$,\:-----\1,"\ -e "s,*/,: ,g" | more exit 0 I am trying to understand the above script.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change filemanager folder colors dependent on location in directory hierarchy

Hello, Is it possible to make a file manager use different "colored folders" when browsing specific directories? For example, if I open a gnome file manager and browse my windows share at, smb://192.168.1.101/z/ , can I make those folders appear green? And when I open another instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bz43
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a directory tree

Hi all, I'd like to create a directory tree, and define from stdin how many levels deep and how many directories in each level should be created. What I wrote does not work properly:#!/bin/bash #set -x read -p " What root directory? " rootDir && { /bin/rm -R $rootDir; mkdir $rootDir; } ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NBaH
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

directory tree with directory size

find . -type d -print 2>/dev/null|awk '!/\.$/ {for (i=1;i<NF;i++){d=length($i);if ( d < 5 && i != 1 )d=5;printf("%"d"s","|")}print "---"$NF}' FS='/' Can someone explain how this works..?? How can i add directory size to be listed in the above command's output..?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy a tree of directory

Mi question is how can you copy only de three of directory and not the files in it. Only a need the three of directorys not the files (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific directory parsing in a directory tree

Hi friends, Hello again :) i got stuck in problem. Is there any way to get a special directory from directory tree? Here is my problm.." Suppose i have one fix directory structure "/abc/xyz/pqr/"(this will be fix).Under this directory structure i have some other directory and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpal singh
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-CGLS(1)                                                    systemd-cgls                                                    SYSTEMD-CGLS(1)

NAME
systemd-cgls - Recursively show control group contents SYNOPSIS
systemd-cgls [OPTIONS...] [CGROUP...] systemd-cgls [OPTIONS...] --unit|--user-unit [UNIT...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-cgls recursively shows the contents of the selected Linux control group hierarchy in a tree. If arguments are specified, shows all member processes of the specified control groups plus all their subgroups and their members. The control groups may either be specified by their full file paths or are assumed in the systemd control group hierarchy. If no argument is specified and the current working directory is beneath the control group mount point /sys/fs/cgroup, shows the contents of the control group the working directory refers to. Otherwise, the full systemd control group hierarchy is shown. By default, empty control groups are not shown. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --all Do not hide empty control groups in the output. -l, --full Do not ellipsize process tree members. -u, --unit Show cgroup subtrees for the specified units. --user-unit Show cgroup subtrees for the specified user units. -k Include kernel threads in output. -M MACHINE, --machine=MACHINE Limit control groups shown to the part corresponding to the container MACHINE. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --no-pager Do not pipe output into a pager. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd-cgtop(1), systemd-nspawn(1), ps(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-CGLS(1)