Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: answering automatically to install questions Post 100066 by zaap on Thursday 23rd of February 2006 01:25:55 PM
Old 02-23-2006
Perl: answering automatically to install questions

Hi everybody,

I have been looking for an answer to this issue both on google and on the forum, but I couldn't find anything. please help me Smilie

As part of an automated (in perl) install of Solaris 9, I would like to be able to answer automaticaly to the question the installer asks.
Example:

/> /cdrom/cdrom0/s0/Solaris_9/Tools/Installers/liveupgrade20
<Press ENTER to continue>
<--[21%]--[ENTER To Continue]--[n To Finish]--> n

Enter 'y' to accept the license agreement. Enter 'n' to decline the license
agreement and exit the install. Y

<Press ENTER to continue>

etc...

Here, I woud like to automatically answer via my perl script that is the following sequence: "enter" then "n" then "y" then "enter"

Is it possible in perl? Can I do it without using threads? Do I have to make a dedicated perl script running in the background that will detect the prompts and answer them? Or maybe a shell script could do it ??? Smilie

in summary: HELP ME PLEASE

Thanks !!!! Smilie

Last edited by zaap; 02-23-2006 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl questions - more

More questions for Perl on Windows (again I apologize its on windows... ) 1. How can I check free disk space on a drive in windows using perl command in a script? 2. How can I check processes running using perl command (as I would normally be able to see in task manager for example) 3. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
7 Replies

2. Solaris

questions on how to install Solaris 10 via DVD/RW external device

Whoa...glad to see this forum si up and running, as a few weeks ago I tried to check in and found it directing me somewhere else and felt maybe this board was being hijacked or someone was closing down this forum. Here is a problem I am having. I got a SunFire V100 and disc with Solaris 10 on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluridge
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba pre-install questions.

Greetings, I hope this is the right forum. I am looking to install Samba on my Linux box on my home network. I'm pretty sure I can deal with the how, I'm just not certain of the what. ok I'm using Debian lenny with no GUI. I have apt working and I've successfully installed and used one package... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fguy
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell or Perl script to get the epoch time automatically

I need shell or Perl script to get the epoch time automatically Example I need to execute mysql command to delete content less then given epoch time If date is 01-07-2010 (dd-mm-yy) epoch should be lees 7 days mean 23-06-2010 for 23-06-2010 I need epoch time Delete BS_table where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Questions About RHEL 6, CentOS 5.5 download and install

Hi, I have some questions about RHEL and CentOS download and installation. (1) Is RHEL6.0 x86_64 beta downloaded from Red Hat site working fine? (2) Where to download CentOS 5.5 DVD iso without using BitTorrent? (3) What are the differences between these two images - CentOS 5.5 i386 and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh -t answering automatically to the password

hi, i'm using the folowing ssh command to list the newuser "crontab' from myuser ssh -t myuser@host1 "sudo -u newuser crontab -l" this is ok but it is asking me a password. Mot de passe de myuser: The problem is that i want to answer it automatically in a shell script with the... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
22 Replies

7. Programming

How to automatically install all modules required by a script from CPAN?

Having a script.pl how can I automatically download from CPAN all required modules and install and update as required? Something like "emerge -uDNav world" for the perl? ---------- Post updated at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:28 PM ---------- Doesn't matter I've found it ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
6 Replies

8. HP-UX

How can i install HP-UX OS automatically?

Hello Friends, I need to install HP-UX OS automatically on HP servers. If anybody know this. Please comment on it and share the steps as well. Thanks & Reagrds, Sameer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer007
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Debug Stepping Answering Questions

I am new to perl and want to get a little better understanding of debugging code in perl. I have a perl script that has questions to be answered like: he following PERL modules are recommended: Crypt::DES Crypt::PasswdMD5 IO::Pty Net::Write::Layer2 String::CRC32 Attempt to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Questions about remote access and install USB devices.

I have a server running openindiana, it hosts virtualbox and several VMs on it. My first question is if I can run openindiana desktop from my windows on same network, now I am using XWin server under cygwin-X, I can run GUI of VirtualBox etc. but can I have the openindiana desktop show on my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyx2000
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)