Install Date of Solaris Machine

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Install Date of Solaris Machine
# 1  
Old 07-08-2005
Install Date of Solaris Machine

Hello:

Could some one tell me how to find out the install date (creation time) of the system?

Solaris 8.

Thanks.
# 2  
Old 07-08-2005
Use the "last" command. It will show you all reboots and logins since the OS was installed. The first login or reboot listed will be the first one after the OS install. Also, there is a line at the end "wtmp begins . . . ." which is when the file that tracks the reboots and logins was first written. Both of those clues should be only minutes from when the OS load finished.
# 3  
Old 07-08-2005
Check :
/var/sadm/system/logs
for installation logs

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

how to install Openssh in linux machine

Hi genious i'm New to Linux .. help me Very Urgent how to install Openssh in linux machine step by step .... plz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please Help I Can't Install Unix On My Machine

Hi everybody; How are you? I have a machine with these components motherboard Gigabyet processor Intel RAM Kingstone 1GB HDD Westerndigital 160GB DVD ASUS I use this machine for labs, I was running WinXP I am now taking one of Sun's exams, I formated the HDD and get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katilina
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

RSH to Ubuntu machine from Solaris machine?

This is probably really basic compared to what you guys are usually talking about here, but I have a problem and I have no idea what to do about it. I try to RSH to my Ubuntu computer from my Solaris one and run into a dead end: >> rsh 192.168.1.103 ::ffff:192.168.1.103: Connection timed out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Best possible communication mechanism between a Solaris machine and a windows machine

hi, I have some windows client machines which require a signal to be sent by a Solaris machine( SunOS 5.6) when ever a particular event occurs on that Solaris machine. What are possible communication mechanisms by which i can do this. the constraints are > the windows machines have to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krsh
7 Replies

8. Ubuntu

./configure command Error while trying to install GCC compiler on unix machine

Hi, I need to install the GCC compiler on a my Linus machine. First step is to run the ./configure command and here we need to specify ./configure --target="target machine name (CPU type-Manufacturer-OS) or other way would be just give the command ./configure and it guesses the target name... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji19812001
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive?

How can I install Solaris 10 x86 on a machine without a DVD drive? Is there a way to boot from a flash stick or install it through a network? Any help will be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

10. BSD

New machine, new install

Hi all, Just got some new hardware and I'm planning on installing FreeBSD on it. I just like to know what problems might occur with the choose hw. AMD Opteron Dual Core 2.2Ghz Nvidia Quadro FX 1400 Tyan S2865 motherboard 250GB SATA HDD And 2 Eizo 19" LCD monitors. This machine will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmy66
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question