I need some explanations

Top Forums Programming I need some explanations
# 1  
Old 04-30-2014
I need some explanations

hello
let me start with
i am a php ,vb ,c# programmer
i heared that Routers run a smaller version of linux called an Embedded Operating System
i don't know what is that mean
so i want to know how to get into router files ?
how to edit it ?
what language it use , is it c and c++ ?

i just need to know how to start i mean if some one ask me how to start with php or vb or i want to edit vBulletin or any thing use php

i would give him a link to download any loacl server , editor
and tell him how to write the first code like
echo "hello world";
and after that could tell him more about this language
until he/she became an professional then he will be able to edit it
that how i want to get an answer
in my case i didn't know where is the files
what is the language ,the editor
nothing

and please some one answer me without give me a alot of links to read
just tell me how to start by answer my questions and
thank you
mr.vip
# 2  
Old 04-30-2014
There are more than two steps to this process you dont go from "hello world" to being a professional in one conversation. If your not willing to read any links then your out of luck.
Writing code for embedded linux is the same as writing code on a linux desktop just with less resources. If you've never written code on linux at all thats where you start.
Writing code for a router doesnt require a specific language. Its a type of computer not a type of language.
You wouldnt "get into the router files" if you want to write code to run on a router you would cross compile it. Aka Compile the program on one platform to run on another you wouldnt compile your code on the router.
openwrt is a linux distro for routers that you could write a program to run on.
Id link you to resources to learn how to do these things but you specifically asked not to be so use google.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some explanations in commands

I want to know what's the meaning of the following commands first eg ^*a*e*i*o*u*$What does exactly the *a,*e,*i ...*$ means in this command? I know that i can also use this command without the *a,*e,*i ... *$! At this ocassion what's the difference? second eg sed ‘s/^/<tab>/’ file1In sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotsos13
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sensors Explanations

Hello, I am trying to get some information from the sensors on my pc. But i get confuse with what i get. I don t know where to find out which sensors watches what.. I use "sensors" under ubuntu 10.10. Here is the result of the cmd line sudo sensors. the temp 3 indicates 79°C which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mat_k
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Definitions/explanations

Just wondering: Can anyone tell me what is meant by the term 'interactive shell" or 'built-in commands' - for example, if I type 'man set' I get a page listing all the 'built in commands' but no explanation of what they are as a concept or what they do. And while I'm here: I was wondering as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

ping program with explanations please!!!!!

need help!! need a ping program written in c with the explanations as to what each variable,function does!!! please help!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin_zeus
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question