C Shell Script to convert a number into minutes

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting C Shell Script to convert a number into minutes
# 1  
Old 08-07-2003
C Shell Script to convert a number into minutes

Could anyone tell me how to write a C shell script according to the following requirement.

Write a C shell script convertmin which will read in a number, thought of as representing minutes, and print out the number of hours/minutes it represents so:

Note: you are required to check exception cases: such as negative number, whether the input is numeric, etc

$ convertmin
Enter a number of minutes:

Result
128 minutes is 2 hours and 8 minutes
# 2  
Old 08-07-2003
Ringo,

You might want to look at the rules of this forum. Once you have, please explain the business application of the script you are trying to write.

Most of the time we don't write scripts for people but we do help when they have a script that doesn't work. Most of the time we can tell if a question has to do with business or a business application. I get the feeling this is not one of those times.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for automation the convert a lot number audio files to another format

I have a lot number audio files in the MP3 proprietary format, I want to convert them to 'opus' the free and higher quality format, with keep metadata also. My selection command-line programs are SoX (Sound eXchange) for convert MP3 files to 'AIFF' format in order to keep quality and metadata*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell: Diplay date of two minutes (period)

Hi all, Here is my script: #!/bin/sh while :; do sleep 1 date done Please, how can i change this script, i'd like to display the time only of two minutes (period) and exit ? Is that possible ? Thank you so much for help. Bests... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX rights in a number in a sh script

Hello, i'm trying to write a script sh to convert the rights of a folder or file in a number. Explain: ls -l = rwxrwxrwx so i must display 777. Do you known where i can find so convert script Thanks Use code tags, thanks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert 24 Hr Time Format into Minutes?

Hello All I know the general Logic behind it but do not know the shell programming so much. For Example, The Time is stored in a given Variable if the Time is 0800 then i need to extract the last digits of the number and Add it to the Remaining Digit of the Number which is multiplied by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajesh
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run the shell script for every 15 minutes?

I want to run my shell script for every 15 minutes starting from 12:20AM. I am passing parameter GA to shell script. Does this work? Any one please comment on this? 20 0-23/15 * * * xyz.sh 'GA' > xyz.log 2>&1 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Extract 12 hour time, convert to 24 and subtract 15 minutes?

OK, I am by no means a programmer... I have been given the task to do some automation scripts. I have got most of it working from snippets I have found on the Web. One requirement has me stumped. The initial timing file created by the user is a comma delimited in the following format.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: autotuner
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to convert number in hexadecimal

hi , i need a script to convert number into hexadecimal base for example: 237=>ED it s very important for me thank you in advance for you help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mips
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to move certain number of files every 10 minutes.

Hi, I need to move a certain number of files every 10 minutes from one folder to another. I have written the script below, however its not working, please advise. #! /bin/ksh start() { mv /test1/$(head -1000 /movetst) /test2/ sleep 600 } stop() { exit } ls ti* >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question