Need help for VNS substitue solution.....

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need help for VNS substitue solution.....
# 1  
Old 01-18-2006
Question Need help for VNS substitue solution.....

Hello Unix Gurus,

We are doing large system upgrade. We expect upgrade to last 180-200 hours. The servers are located remotely.

I am looking for solution which allows me to reconnect to the same session active on unix server where I launched the process. This would protect from local client network failures or disconnects.

I know free VNC's can do it but our unix sysadmin does not allow us to install VNC. Can some suggest something at HP Ux 11.11 level which can do this. nohup is not going work due to process will run in interactive mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed substitue whole file + 1 substitue with variables on one sed line?.

I'm trying to remove '--X' from the whole file and using variables replace $oldvar with $newvar. I have tried with double quotes but it doesn't seem to work. $newvar is set to /usr/bin/bash. Would appreciate some guidance. newvar=$(which bash) oldvar=/bin/bash sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itman73
1 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Bash Scripting - sed (substitue)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have been asked to create a bash script to delete comments from another file but in the file they have an echo command with this inside of it /* this is an echo */\ so obviously they want to keep this one in the file. I have found... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: syco__
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substitue 'Special Characters' in VI

Hi All, I am using LATEX and need to delete all the lines in a file matching: \begin{work} I know there are several ways to do this, but I am trying to do it with the substitute command in VI. The problem is I can't get substitute to recognize the character '\'! How do I do it? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command - substitue first instance

hi i have one file where i want to substitute only first instance of swap with swap1 i want to replcae only first instance of swap in my script i know we can do this with awk. but i need to do this with sed only i tried follwoing code sed 's/swap/swap1' filename but here all... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_swapneel14
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitue of values.

$db2 connection ...........Q a=`$db2 -x "select A from tablename where z in (select z from tablename Q where condition fetch first 1 rows only ) with ur"` b=`$db2 -x "select B from tablename where z in (select z from tablename Q where condition fetch first 1 rows only) with ur"` $db2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollthecoin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to substitue space with \n

I have a file with a single line in it as below. field1 field2 field3 Different fields separated by spaces. I need the output as below. field1 field2 field3 Any sed/awk solution you can suggest? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
RICHCOMM_USB(8) 						    NUT Manual							   RICHCOMM_USB(8)

NAME
richcomm_usb - Driver UPS equipment using Richcomm dry-contact to USB solution NOTE
This man page only documents the specific features of the richcomm_usb driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The Richcomm dry-contact to USB solution is a generic interface that is used to upgrade an existing (RS-232) contact closure UPS interface to USB. As such, all the limitations of the underlying contact closure interface apply. This means that you will only get the essentials in ups.status: OL, OB, and LB. See also genericups(8). BUGS
Most contact-closure UPSes will not power down the load if the line power is present. This can create a race when using slave upsmon(8) systems. See the upsmon(8) man page for more information. The solution to both of these problems is to upgrade to a smart protocol UPS of some kind that allows detection and proper load cycling on command. AUTHORS
Peter van Valderen <p.v.valderen at probu.nl>, Dirk Teurlings <dirk at upexia.nl> SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) The generic serial driver: genericups(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 RICHCOMM_USB(8)