Assign name to path in unix server

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Assign name to path in unix server
# 1  
Old 10-09-2008
Bug Assign name to path in unix server

How can I make it so if someone types in "Manager" in the url box in their browser, it will bring them to the path /var/www/html/resourcedb/index.html?

its currently viewable by going to the serveripaddress/resourcedb/index.html, but I want it to be shorter so when you are connected to the network, typing manager will bring them directly to this directory

Running 3.00.16(1)-release (i386-redhat-linux-gnu)

Last edited by Zombie; 10-09-2008 at 02:39 PM..
# 2  
Old 10-09-2008
well that short, I have a doubt:
IMHO in a browser you will have to start by file or http://... then if you choose file, I havent tried though (such a strange idea...) you could perhaps make a simlink from /Manager -> /var/www/html/resourcedb/index.html
else there maybe a way to configure in a httpserver (like apache..) a
VirtualHost Manager:80 using redirectmatch...
# 3  
Old 10-10-2008
Two ways come to mind - using the custom keyword approach using "kwargs" or similar, or creating a custom button using a tool such as "Custom Buttons" . Another way - but much more work - would be to roll your own functionality using XUL/XBL, etc.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign the return value of the SQL to a variable in UNIX

Hi I am new to UNIX. I am trying the below and getting the error. I am trying to assign the variable with the value of the query result. I want this value to use in the next steps. Created UNIX file (Batch.sh) as below #!/bin/ksh sqlplus callidus/callidus4u@attstcal @Batch.sql ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishBalu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i assign directory path to a variable in perl?

Hai how can I assign directory path to a variable in perl Thanks&Regards kiran (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran425
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i assign directory path to a variable in perl?

Hai how can I assign directory path to a variable in perl Thanks&Regards kiran (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran425
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign value from isql to UNIX variable

I want output to be assigned to UNIX variables echo "Enter RRS ID: " read rrs isql -SPROD_DDS -USYBUSER -PSYBPASS -b -osfg.out << EOF use sip go set nocount on select issuerId, legalStructTxt, productName, issuerName from sf_product where rrsId = $rrs go EOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to assign static ip address to the server having solaris 10. i.e. nge0

hi, how to assign static ip address to the server having solaris 10. assign static ip to nge0 which will sustain across reboots which will include all settings including gateway setting etc.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get value from oracle & assign it in UNIX variable

Hi Team, I need to get data from oracle table & need to assign that value to unix variable. I have serched the same in other threads. I found the following code. I have tried code to get the value from oracle. but it is not working. The error shows invalid identifier "NAM" & then list all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I assign Java classpaths in UNIX?

Can anyone tell me how to assign java class files in unix? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mpeter
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to assign a path to a variable

Hi, good morning... I would like to know, how to assign a path to a variable and how to retrieve the same for eg to assign a= "/data/logs/xxx/yyyy" to retrieve $a is this correct??? pls rectify (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question