Help about identify the SP of my OS (Aix5.3)

Operating Systems AIX Help about identify the SP of my OS (Aix5.3)
# 1  
Old 09-09-2010
Help about identify the SP of my OS (Aix5.3)

Hi, I need to know how can I identify, wich SP is installed in my OS (AIX5.3)? and how can I upgrade it?

thanks a lot,

Last edited by Scott; 09-10-2010 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: Moved thread to AIX sub-forum
# 2  
Old 09-09-2010
oslevel -s?
# 3  
Old 09-09-2010
yes, i did it. my SP is:
# oslevel -s
5300-06-01-0722

How can I update this?? I need to have minimun 5300-08
# 4  
Old 09-09-2010
get the media and upgrade it. see the AIX upgrade documentation for the details. oh -- and have a backout plan Smilie
# 5  
Old 09-09-2010
Plus, TL8 is no longer under maintenance support from IBM.

The minimum for AIX 5.3 is TL9.

Last edited by Scott; 09-10-2010 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: Changed TL11 to TL9
# 6  
Old 09-13-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn
Plus, TL8 is no longer under maintenance support from IBM.

The minimum for AIX 5.3 is TL9.

Hi,

do you have a source for this? I read this the first time, wondering why IBM didn't told us.

or do you mean, there are no new maintenance updates for it, but a call can still be opened (and will surely be closed with -> update to an actual maintenance level, but that's another story)

cheers
# 7  
Old 09-13-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by funksen
Hi,

do you have a source for this? I read this the first time, wondering why IBM didn't told us.

or do you mean, there are no new maintenance updates for it, but a call can still be opened (and will surely be closed with -> update to an actual maintenance level, but that's another story)

cheers
Hi funksen.

That was perhaps misleading. TL8 is out of fix support, as I was told by IBM, when raising a call on an issue, but is still supported.

(love the title..!)

IBM IZ40909: CAN NOT FORCE A GOOD DUMP APPLIES TO AIX 5300-08
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

All ports in use - AIX5.3

at least two times my system crashes. Post "all ports in use" imagine being related Telnet connections. The software uses port 33086 (specify for the software - it is the MSM-Mumphs). Someone tell me how can I increase the number of connections to 1000 on AIX 5.3. Today is set 500. After... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vladimir Dias
15 Replies

2. AIX

smtctl in AIX5.3

Dear Members :), Curently we are migrating our AIX from 5.2.to 5.3, after migration when we check CPU through nmon it shows double in no i.e we have 8 CPU on our p570 box but nmom shows it 16 after investigation it was found that smtctl was enabled in AIX 5.3,can we disable the smtctl & what is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade AIX5.3TL6-07 to AIX5.3TL8-04?

Hello All, After creating lpp_source/spot from AIX 5.3TL6-07 DVD on the NIM(AIX6.1), I went online and download the fix pack for reaching TL8-04. (it was less than 200Mgegs total) then I did define a newer lpp_source530TL8-04 via a copy from the older lpp_source530TL6-07 (I diduse a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangers
2 Replies

4. AIX

filesystem is full in AIX5.3

Hi, I am new to AIX 5.3.I want to work with it and when I check the space of AIX machine..its /usr is 99% full.So I am not able to add anything in that. filesystem is as below-- So can anyone tell me how can I resize it and increase the size of it. 2nd thing,when I am trying to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
6 Replies

5. AIX

ssh on AIX5.2

i got this error while installing ssh package time bash-3.00# installp -d /openssh/ openssh.base installp: No action was indicated. The -a (apply) flag is being assumed. +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Pre-installation Verification...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinni929
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS Logs on AIX5.3

Hi people! In my new job i have 5 servers running AIX 5.3. In the 1st one (BackupSRV) i have a partition (from SAN) mounted on /arquive. This partition its configured with NFS to be used by the other 4 servers. In the 3 servers i can mount without any problems. The 4rd one it gives me an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfca
8 Replies

7. AIX

Compile Problem on AIX5.3

Hello, I try to compile apt-rpm on a AIX box. AIX: AIX 5300-05-03 make : 3.81 CC= VAC 8 I get the follwing error: make: Entering directory `/home/root/apt-0.5.15lorg3/apt-pkg' source='contrib/cmndline.cc' object='contrib/cmndline.lo' libtool=yes \ DEPDIR=.deps depmode=none... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbo
1 Replies

8. AIX

install oracle9i on aix5.3

I am installing oracle9i on aix5.3 and an link error appears during the install process. 'Error in invoking target iokdstry of makefile /export/home/oracle/OraHome/network/lib/ins_nau.mk' happened I tried to find the way out,and there seems to be one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayuhao
2 Replies

9. AIX

Reducing Lvol on AIX5.3

Hi folks, I known how to incrase and reduce File System size on AIX 5.3, but my issue is that I have a Logical Volume without any filesystem. So, how to shrink just the logical volume ? Thanks, Livio. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Livio
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX5.2 ML-03 rpm.rte

Dear All, Kindly note that i am in site and i have to upgrade an application on the server AIX 5.2 ML-03 , but i need to install the following patch first which is important : patch 'rpm.rte' must be installed with level '3.0.5.35' i need it urgent . please note that i could not find it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question