mail every file

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mail every file
# 1  
Old 12-15-2010
mail every file

Hi everyone

first of all i want to thanks everyone for ur kind support.
Now my question is i need to mail every file generated in particular directory to some email address say abc@def.com but i need to monitor that directory continously and also when sending the file i need to encrypt the file and at the time of receinving i need to decrypt the file.

Please help me regarding this.
# 2  
Old 12-15-2010
Where did you get stuck? There is plenty of examples in the forum to send attachment with uuencode for example. Anything you tried so far?
# 3  
Old 12-15-2010
Do you have GnuPG in your system?

Do you mean you need a script to monitor a folder, if there are new files generated, mail it with encrypted?
# 4  
Old 12-16-2010
hiii everyone
so far i am able to attach the file with the below command

cat file | uuencode file | mailx -s "subject" abc@def.com

now file is attaching properly and going to this mail address as attachment but i want to encrypt the file and then wants to attach it and also how can i able to decrypt the file at the client's side

---------- Post updated at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:23 PM ----------

and for continously monitoring the file i suggested that i will put the crontab job there to run my script at constant interval of time so as soonas file is generated it execute
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to attach a .txt file or .log file to mail and mailx command

Hi, I am trying to attach a .log file or .txt file to mail command to send an email once my ksh script executed. I am unable to use mutt command as it has been not installed and i am not supposed to install it. I have tried many ways by googling which has not helped me to succeed. Here is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx - temporary mail message file: No such file or directory

How would I go about resolving this error temporary mail message file: No such file or directory Can anybody tell me where the default location is for the temporary mail message file is for mailx? It appears that it doesn't exist. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joen
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor new file in a directory and mail the file content

Hi I am looking for a help in designing a bash script on linux which can do below:- 1) Look in a specific directory for any new files 2) Mail the content of the new file Appreciate any help Regards Neha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha0785
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail using mail address in a file

I have a file which contains few email address. I have few scripts which use the same mail address. so if any change in mail id like if any user do not want to receive the mail i can just edit a single file instead of many scripts. So i want the scripts to use that file. How can this be done. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and sending mail based on content of the file

Hi Gurus, I am having an requirement. i have to read a list file which contains file names and send mail to different users based on the files in the list file. eg. if file a.txt exists then send a mail to a@a.com simillary for b.txt,c.txt etc. Thanks for your help, Nimu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimu1979
6 Replies

9. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull E-mail address from file, send e-mail

Hello, I am new to perl and need to create a script that will read a file and pull a name from the file and send e-mail. How can I use the following awk statement in a perl script? grep UNIXadmins /root/mail.conf | awk '{ print $2}' and use the output to send a e-mail. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DC Heard
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question