start rstatd deamon on unix

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users start rstatd deamon on unix
# 1  
Old 03-07-2005
start rstatd deamon on unix

Hi,

How can I start the rstatd deamon, and how can know if this is actually runing?
# 2  
Old 03-07-2005
You didn't post what OS and version. If it's Solaris, look at the man page for rstatd. There may be an entry in your /etc/inetd.conf for it.

Also, do a search as I don't believe this is a needed service since there have been known breakins from rstatd. Turning it on may not be a wise choice.
# 3  
Old 03-10-2005
Hi,

The machine uses Linux readhat, there is not in inetd, there is something similar xinetd, and you are right there is a entry on that file, I tried the "RUP" comand and it is suposed that will return statistics and that is one way to be sure that the deamon is runing, but only return "success". other thing is that the "man" for that deamon does not work.

regards
# 4  
Old 04-08-2008
Bug about rstatd and LoadRunner

Use sitescope monitor with LoadRunner. It comes free with LoadRunner. Contact your sales rep if you need help with getting software and/or license for sitescope.
# 5  
Old 04-09-2008
Code:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/rstatd start

to start the rstatd daemon, then verify with "rup machine-name"
Yes, indeed rstatd is mentioned in Load Runner's tutorial when trying to collect data from Unix machine being used as Load Generator.
oh, this thread is 2-3 years old Smilie anyway, could be useful to someone.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Infrastructure Monitoring

Need help getting Loadrunner to work with freeBSD system monitoring rstatd/rup/rsysinfo

Hi there, I'm trying to use loadrunner with freebsd system monitoring tools like rstatd/rup/rsysinfo, but I keep getting this error from loadrunner: Monitor name :UNIX Resources. Internal rpc error (error code:4). Machine: 192.168.1.15. Hint: Check that RPC on this machine is up and running.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: echan00
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to start OSI deamon

dear all, i am working on test server with solaris 10 , after installing OSI deamon i stopped it for a test now when i am starting again i am getting this message that i ggoled and search evrywhere and haven't any response i will be glade for any help in here mate the error was : ./osinet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: semaan
1 Replies

3. Linux

Hal deamon..

I have install centos on my server,.. then after rebooting 2 ,3 times , hal deamon cannot start, and system hang on boot.. when i google, i found the solution which is off the hal daemon service... my question is, what is the effect if i off the deamon service ?:confused: tq (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultramen7
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to start rstatd Daemon

guy's How to start rstatd Daemon on AIX 6.1 as I enable it from etc/inetd.conf then I refreshed it by this command refresh -s inetd but stil is not Active ! can some one advice in this ! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

Permissionfor some deamon

Hi everyone. Now, i want to permit for an user to start, stop and reconfig some of daemon on Redhat system without root permission. So how can i do ? Tks all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to know if ntp deamon is start

how to know if ntp deamon is start or stop how to determine it by command thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

7. AIX

Error Deamon.

How will we check whether error deamon is started or not? any command is there? If it is not started how will we start the deamon. This server is highly critical server. Pls, Let me know. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

deamon process

hi how to write deamon program i specified in detail i want to write c++ program when it run it run like deamon process (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munnu
1 Replies

9. Linux

rstatd does not work

Hi, I'm working with Mercury tools: Loadrunner, and I'm trying to monitor a unix/linux box, the Loadrunner tool uses the rstatd, and I got next error: Mar 4 11:25:56 sacindt rpc.rstatd: incompatible to /proc. Could not read disk_io: data I'm trying to start that deamon, and I use the RUP to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toto2000ff
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rpc.rstatd: incompatible...

Hi, I'm working with Mercury tools: Loadrunner, and I'm trying to monitor a unix server by rstatd, and I got next error: Mar 4 11:25:56 sacindt rpc.rstatd: incompatible to /proc. Could not read disk_io: data does any one have an idea about this.. regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toto2000ff
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question