Help - Sendmail Server

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Help - Sendmail Server
# 1  
Old 01-29-2010
Help - Sendmail Server

Hi guys,

Recently i setting new Sendmail server and hosting 1 domain. And i got problem with sending mail and return with another domain as extention domain. For more detail this is what i setting in server :

Code:
# /etc/hosts

127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain   locahost

Code:
# /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 165.21.83.88
nameserver 165.21.100.88

Code:
#/etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
NETWORKING_IPV6=yes
HOSTNAME=mail.jcmetal.com.sg

Code:
#hostname 
S3Server

I test sending mail to any domain was no problem. Then suddently issue happen
when my user sending mail with wrong email address format, my user type below format in "To:" as rcpt :

<'forex@agf.com.sg'>

then email bounce back as below :

Code:
Final-Recipient: RFC822; 'forex@agf.com'.inovuus.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; agf.com'.inovuus.com
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 22:58:29 +0800

Return-Path: <test@enterprisesg.com>
Received: from enterprisesg.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
    by s3.inovuus.com (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id o0TEwN5G026571
    for <'forex@agf.com'>; Fri, 29 Jan 2010 22:58:28 +0800
To: <'forex@agf.com'.inovuus.com>
Subject: test
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 22:58:23 +0800
Message-Id: <20100129145802.M93935@enterprisesg.com>
X-Mailer: OpenWebMail 2.53
X-OriginatingIP: 125.163.176.50 (test)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; 

My issue is why email bounce back was added another extention domain which not host in my server.

'forex@agf.com'.inovuus.com

Inovuus.com was not host in my server.

Btw, My domain DNS is not in my server but host in our datacenter DNS Server. So my server only run Sendmail Mailserver.

i will appriciated if any one in here can help me and give me solution, where is the setting in sendmail to fixed this issue ?

Thanks
Denny

Last edited by pludi; 01-29-2010 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: code tags, please...
# 2  
Old 01-30-2010
Java

Hi oceanserv,

You may have to check to ensure what DNS servers are being used by yourself (organization)

Your server name stated by you is

Code:
#hostname
S3Server

However the address below is linked to the below addess range when using nslookup.

<'forex@agf.com.sg'>

186.133.157.202.in-addr.arpa name = S5.inovuus.com.

The DNS servers may be pointing to S5.inovuus.com domain & including your mailserver S3Server.

I hope this is of help, or useful pointer.

Jnike
# 3  
Old 01-30-2010
Hi 1jnike,

Actually i also dont know if my server was used as backup server. Since i new admin and new for sendmail server.

recently i check, previous admin was make subdomain s1-s5.inovuus.com
double check again i found new information:

s5.inovuus.com was used as PTR RECORD for rcpt server also as their hostname.

At my server i setup s3server as hostname. also i recently found if my server ptr record is s3.inovuus.com.

It could be this is the problem ?

And how i have to resolved this issue ? should i used domain that was host in my server as PTR Record and Also for hostname ?

Need your help, cause i'm very confused with DNS, since DNs was not handle by me but all domain was hosted at Datacenter DNS.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Fails to send emails from Linux server.

I m using free zoho mail client application (similar to microsoft outlook) on my mobile for all my emails to mohtashim@techx.com I wish to only recieve emails from my Linux Server details of which are: techx 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP CentOS release 7.3.1611 (Core). I try the below... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
20 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't configure sendmail to send mails to external SMTP Server

Hi all,I know, that this is very common issue, but I can't find where is the problem... I have Solaris 10 installed.I want to send mail to external SMTP server, like:echo "letter body"| mailx -s "subject" test@test.comBut I donno what kind of changes I have to do in /etc/hosts and sendmail.cf or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

3. AIX

Configure sendmail to use exchange server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Set up Sendmail as sending only server

I have set up where my primary fibre optical WAN access does not have any sending SMTP service but my fall-back ADSL service does. However, with most Internet Service Providers, the SMTP service access is "locked" to the IP addresses that the service knows about. Therefore I can not send SMTP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smlunatick
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with sendmail server

Hey everyone, I'm trying to set up sendmail on a Ubuntu server. I haven't messed around with the config files, made sure they were good to go, and ran sendmailconfig. Everything seemed to install and configure nicely, and the "mail" command seems to work. However, the mail is not delivering.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt_john
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Sendmail fails receiving mail since the IP changed on Redhat Server

Hi, Since i move my Linux Redhat server on another Network with new IP address. WE'RE ABLE TO SEND MAIL OUTSIDE BUT we can not receive any incoming mail. It alway points to the old IP. I updated new IP in /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network then reboot the system. 10.117.32.20 is an old ip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
3 Replies

8. Solaris

sendmail mail server help

Hello guys, Am trying to enable/start sendmail in Solaris 10. I tried using scvadm and also did it using the /etc/init.d/sendmail restart but no effect. Just returns to the prompt. No errors nothing. I checked if it is running using ps -eaf | grep sendmail, not running :( . I checked the logs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcmrulzz
9 Replies

9. AIX

sendmail.cf needs to point to mail server

I have a vanilla install of AIX 5L and I am unable to send outbound email to our email server. I figure the pointer must be some where in the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file. Does anyone have any idea which section needs to modified to point to the mail server or mail relay? Currently all message bouced... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justinburbridge
2 Replies

10. Solaris

how to send mails to users on exchange server from sendmail/solaris(mailx)

Hi, Can anyone pls. tell me how to access Active directory from solaris. I am looking at solution by which I can send mail notification from the logs generated by scripts, to the users on Exchange server. I am trying for a Perl-LDAP module , but don't realy know how to go for it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshh
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question