Old 12-28-2005
Thanks

Thanks for your help.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Long List Of Large Numbers

Hi All, I have a file with long list of numbers. This file contains only one column. These numbers are very large. I am using following command: cat myfile.txt | awk '{ sum+=$1} END {print sum}' The output is coming in scientific notation. How do I get the result in proper format? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping large list of files

Hi All, I need help to know the exact command when I grep large list of files. Either using ls or find command. However I do not want to find in the subdirectories as the number of subdirectories are not fixed. How do I achieve that. I want something like this: find ./ -name "MYFILE*.txt"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide large data files into smaller files

Hello everyone! I have 2 types of files in the following format: 1) *.fa >1234 ...some text... >2345 ...some text... >3456 ...some text... . . . . 2) *.info >1234 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding and removing patterns in a large list of urls

I have a list of urls for example: Google Google Base Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Video - It's On Google The problem is that Google and Google are duplicates as are Yahoo! and Yahoo!. I'm needing to find these conical www duplicates and append the text "DUP#" in from of both Google and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: totus
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for array in large list of files

I tried to make the title/subject detailed, but well.. have to keep it short as well. I am wanting to take a large list of strings, and search through a large list of files to hopefully find numerous matches. I am not sure the quickest way to do this though. // List of files file1.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to list large files

Looking for a line to show all of the large files on a unix server (over 300mb)... Having problems finding anything that works... TIA! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: search66
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract large list of substrings

I have a very long string (millions of characters). I have a file with start location and length that is thousands of rows long: Start Length 5 10 16 21 44 100 215 37 ... I'd like to extract the substring that corresponds to the start and length from each row of the list: I tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

large files?

How do we check 'large files' is enabled on a Unix box -- HP-UX B11.11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How create a large list of document ids in VI

How can I create a large list of document ids, about a 1,000 or more in a list without having to type them in? If I can list these documents ids with one command I know how to transfer the output to a new vi list. But how can I strip unwanted extra information in this list and leave only the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ruben7566
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question