Unix shell thats supports IRCd?

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix shell thats supports IRCd?
# 1  
Old 04-27-2002
Question Unix shell thats supports IRCd?

Does anybody know of a FREE Unix shell thats supports IRCd and/or Eggdrops? I am not looking for answers like 'Go buy one!' or 'Too bad, you want find one.'

Thanks,

Maciek
# 2  
Old 04-28-2002
Another answer that you can find, search in the Internet. First of all read the forumrules. This is a Unix Q&A forum For unix shell on IRC/D, IRC or eggdrops try to find it on the Internet.
# 3  
Old 04-28-2002
PHP

Hmm... okay, I don't quite understand what you're trying to say But it sounds like 'go away'. Amd yes, I already searched on the internet, you think i didn't? Thanks for the help.
# 4  
Old 04-29-2002
I'm not aware of any... That can become very taxing on bandwidth and system time.

You may find a little server that will allow it, but no shell provider I have ever used would allow that for free - many do not even allow outbound network connection (telnet, ftp, etc).

You may look into building yourself one, though! It'll give you a lot of practice with the system, and you could do whatever you want with it. It shouldn't cost too much...

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need find package that supports printf on AIX

My current find command does not support printf. I need find package that supports printf on AiX 6.1 system. Can anyone help me with the download link or where / how / if I can find it ? Can it be installed at a different non default location so that it can be reference without... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies

2. Red Hat

Kcryptd - Which kernel supports MultiThread

I am currently have Centos 5.5 which consumes more CPU waiting for Kcrypt process. Later came to know that kcrypt is single threaded and hence consumes one CPU, results in performance degradation. Does any one really knows/practically experimented multithread of Kcryptd process with any of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragavendraganes
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to find if AIX supports GUI

Hi Everyone I'm preparing for upgrading an application. The application upgrade documents say the following. its AIX 5.3 Server. How do I find if my AIX supports the X11 windowing environment? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker_me2002
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here document supports user interaction?

Hi, I am trying to ssh into a remote machine and then enter a vserver on the remote machine. I am using here document to carry out these commands on the remote machine. My here document looks like this ssh username@remotemachine << HERE sudo vserver vservername enter HERE however the sudo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL 5 supports only 2 TB space for a partition !

Dear Friends , I am using Redhat Ent Linux 5.0 with a EMC storage which HDD space is 4 TB. After Installing RHEL 5 , I get 4 TB space available but when I am going to create a partition then the OS show 2TB available space . I cannot create a partition above 2TB space . Is there any limitation... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

does grep supports regular expession

hi , does grep supports regular expression why the following is not working ls -a | grep "^." or ls -a | grep '^.' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Processor and memory supports

HI i'am Giancarlo D. Jabon student from AMA Computer University is anyone among all of you who knows the maximum processor and memory supports in Sun Solaris 10 Thanks !!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question