What is the command to start the cdrom

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users What is the command to start the cdrom
# 1  
Old 12-10-2002
urgent

Hello people,

What is the command to start the cdrom
from the command prompt on solaris 9?

plz help.

rs
# 2  
Old 12-10-2002
What is on the cdrom? Are you attempting to load the operating system Solaris 9? If so, init 0 the server, and boot cdrom (or follow the instructions that came with the media).

If you are just attempting to mount the cd, then mount -oro /dev/dsk/c0t6d0s0 /mnt should work.
# 3  
Old 12-11-2002
i am trying to install oracle 11i and i like
to use the command to start the cdrom.
it is mounted because by default the sollaris9 mounts the cdrom.

however, by using the command doe not see it. this is the question.

appreciate the help.
# 4  
Old 12-11-2002
You should then change directory to the correct directory on the cd. The Oracle installation instructions should give you this.

Since automount has already mounted the cdrom, you can change directory to /cdrom/cdrom0 and be at the 'top' level.

To run the command, either change directory to the directory it is in or give a full path name.
# 5  
Old 01-15-2003
I think with Oracle 11i you must use the GUI (CDE) and File Manager. Using file manager click on the cdrom folder, then the Oracle disk, then click runInstaller
# 6  
Old 01-15-2003
Hi rsh,
I haven't installed 11i for a few months but I do remember a gotcha with the CDs. The first CD in the distribution is labeled "Start Here" or something like that and is usually referred to as the "Red CD". This CD has nothing useful on it from my memory (my memory may not be accurate). This may be what is causing your confusion.
As a bit of advice, you may want to copy all the CDs for 11i to harddisk and run the install from there. The installer will ask for CD 1, then CD 2, then back to CD 1 etc several times which makes installing from CD very painful.
Either way, once you have your install plan figured out, you just run "rapidwiz" from the "rapidwiz" directory.
Hope that pionts you in the right direction,
TioTony
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to start gui from Solaris command line?

Hi. I'm a Solaris newbie. I'm using Solaris SunOS Version 11.4.0.15.0 through Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager on Windows. When I start the VM, I get to a command line I can login to. I've tried using: /usr/dt/bin/dtconfig -e However, I receive error "No such file or directory". The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SRD
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

No reponse to 'service NFS start' command

Hello, I have a newly kickstarted RHEL 6.4 server that I'm trying to set-up as a kickstart server. I have done this before on other machines, but I am encountering some strange behaviour in this one. # service nfs status rpc.svcgssd is stopped rpc.mountd is stopped nfsd is stopped... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chopstyx
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX command to start listener

HI All, Need help on comamnd to start listener TIA. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Can I erase and start my mac with unix command

I made a tragic error and erased the extensions manager from my IMac. Now, I can't get the computer to boot up. It just stays on the gray screen. I've tried using the open apple+s method, which brings up the command console (not sure if I've got the lingo down right), and I've tried everything, but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccff22290
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is it Possible to Start Tomcat Manager using command prompt!

Hi All, wget http://<username>:<password>@<hostname>:<port>/manager/list -O - -q using this command i can able to stop , start , reload everything i can able to do once i start the tomcat , now i have some doubt legends. 1. Is this is a secure way using wget to start, stop, reload the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to start a new terminal from command line?

Dear All, Anyone knows how to start a new bash terminal from command line? Another question: when I use "open" command (open test.pdf) to open a pdf file, the PDF reader will start up, but cannot associate with that file. Anyone knows why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrewust
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command for a dummy... where do i start?

I have never used Unix before and only heard of it at the start of the week. But ny new job requires me to use the Unix/Linux command, and i need an introduction for a total beginer... are there any intro videos or books you would recomend? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomvcarter
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Http -k start Command Not found

I have Apache server installed as a package on my fedora 9 .. when i go to /etc and type the command httpd -k start It says command not found....Can anyone please tell so that i can run that command and start the server ---------- Post updated at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous update... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bssandeshbs
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start SCRIPT command at begin of TERMINAL?

Hello sir, I want to monitor my work on the terminal.I know we can use script command.But every time when I start the terminal, I have to type script to start it.I want to automate it. So where should I include this command so that it will start as soon as I start the terminal ???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

command in Script one to start script2

Hello, Hardly registered and already I am asking another question! :) Following script gets started everyday with a cronjob: #!/bin/ksh #Variablen für das Script Tag=`date +%d` Monat=`date +%m` Vortag=$((Tag-1)) Loeschtag=$((Tag-8)) Dir=/prj/sr_tmp/tpr #Verzeichniss wechseln damit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swissman24
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question