Can I print ps file using enscript?

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can I print ps file using enscript?
# 1  
Old 06-28-2005
Can I print ps file using enscript?

Hi,
I have ps file, I want to print with diffrent font,
is it possible to print like this?

enscript -fCourier9 test.ps

how to find enscript is installed or not?

if I enter man enscript I am able to see the documentation, but if I try
enscript -fCourier9 test.ps

I am getting

ksh: enscript: not found
# 2  
Old 06-28-2005
try
Code:
find / -name enscript 2>/dev/null

This will tell you where enscript is installed on your machine. You have to either add that path to encsript to your PATH variable or reference it by
/pathname/to/enscript

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use while loop to read file and use ${file} for both filename input into awk and as string to print

I have files named with different prefixes. From each I want to extract the first line containing a specific string, and then print that line along with the prefix. I've tried to do this with a while loop, but instead of printing the prefix I print the first line of the file twice. Files:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enscript text 2 postscript converter

I am trying to create a pdf file starting with a .eps file for the letterhead, and a text file to print on it. According to the man page the following should work. ^@epsf /home/aoti/coll07.eps ****** INVOICE ****** PAGE: 1 where ^@ is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

enscript color

Hi, I am converting a text file to ps using enscript. Does anyone know how to print in color? Here is what I tried: enscript -ptemp.ps -G -F Souvenir-DemiItalic20 -f Souvenir-DemiItalic20 -E --color file.txt The color doesn't work Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumbaba
5 Replies

4. Linux

Euro - Symbol with enscript

Hello List, I am new in this forum. I have a problem with enscript and I am searching for about one year for a solution: We are using enscript and ghostscript to create pdf-Documents with our Software running on linux server. To print the EURO Symbol on a fixed place I can change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stefan2907
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto Print File Path or Print the Filename

I'm trying to clean up my samba share and need to print the found file or print the path of the image it tried to searched for. So far I have this but can't seem to get the logic right. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? for FILE in `cat list`; do if ; then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: overkill
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in enscript???

hi, I am trying to print ps file.. using ENSCRIPT='-fHelvetica10' PE51_217685.ps but I am getting followinf error.. any idea? It was printing if I use lpr command, i need to font externally.. So I am using enscript.. but...!!! PE51_217685.ps: %!PS-Adobe-3.0: not found... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enscript

When I am trying to use ENSCRIPT for formatting a file, the output I am getting has prolog statements and I am not getting desired results.. Please help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: surajemenon
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enscript

I'm trying to print a perlscript file from nedit using the enscript command. It reads as follows: enscript -dbigbird -R -G -b"my_perl_script.pl" This is the printer command line when I print from nedit. I also have the language set to perl under preferences. This allows me to view comments... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirzabhai
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question