proftpd ssl data channel

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers proftpd ssl data channel
# 1  
Old 04-01-2004
proftpd ssl data channel

I wonder if someone could give advice on that topic
Done with ssl user auth, but no idea with protecting data channel from sniffers on my local network

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Apache wildcard ssl on subdomain serves same page for non ssl virtualhosts

Issue observed: I have configured ng.my-site.com using widlcard ssl cert. When I hit https://www.my-site.com it loads ng.my-site.com website! please advise if I missed any concept / configs... Thank you! httpd.conf <VirtualHost *:80> ServerName www.my-site.com ServerAdmin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

2. AIX

Proftpd and AIX 7

Hi. I want to install proftpd on an AIX 7.1, but the only proftpd-1.2.8-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm is available and it doesn't want on be installed : error: proftpd-1.2.8-1.aix5.1.ppc.rpm cannot be installed Any help (other than compilation) ? tks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
0 Replies

3. Linux

SSL/TLS uses the public key to encrypt data ?

Hi, I have a doubt..whether the SSL/TLS protocol uses the public key of the web server to encrypt data before sending it. I knew the browser verifies the public key of the web server using the digital certificate (by verifying the signature of the certificate using trusted authority). whether... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitus.28
2 Replies

4. Web Development

Apache, cgi script run twice when ssl, once when not ssl

I have interesting problem. https:/host/some/x.cgi - this script has run twice when I call this url But http:/host/some/x.cgi work fine, only once. Output is text/plain. If I change output format to the Content-type text/html, then both urls works fine - executed only once. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshji
2 Replies

5. AIX

ProftpD on AIX 6.1

I need to install proftpd on AIX 6.1 . I cant compile it from source cod because of lacking gCC compiler.. so is there any AIX proftpd package to install (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwwzviadi
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to enable POP3(ssl) and SMTP(ssl) in Squid

i have configured Squid proxy server in Fedora 8 with two network interfaces. HTTP, HTTPS, FTP are working fine but we are unable to download mails using mail clients from mail server with POP3(ssl) and SMTP(ssl). so please someone help us how to enable pop and smtp in Squid. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praneel2k
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me Install Proftpd

Hi eveyone, Im newb in Unix. I just install solaris 10 on my VM. First program i install is midnight commander and did successful. The way i do is get binary packet from sunfreeware then add and edit the PATH variable. My next program is ProFtpd i did same way :D. Add packets... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Umask to ProFTPd

My user most download files to home directory with umask 002. Permissions on that files must be -rwx------, i'm right ? I thinks yes. Ok It's my easy config file. ServerName "FTP" ServerType standalone DefaultServer on Port 21... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

what tools can mange proftpd ?

i want to use proftpd to create a ftp server, does anyone have any good web manager tools to mange the ftp site ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yarx
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

implicit ssl vs explicit ssl

Can someone explain the difference between the two. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
SSL_set_fd(3SSL)						      OpenSSL							  SSL_set_fd(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_set_fd - connect the SSL object with a file descriptor SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> int SSL_set_fd(SSL *ssl, int fd); int SSL_set_rfd(SSL *ssl, int fd); int SSL_set_wfd(SSL *ssl, int fd); DESCRIPTION
SSL_set_fd() sets the file descriptor fd as the input/output facility for the TLS/SSL (encrypted) side of ssl. fd will typically be the socket file descriptor of a network connection. When performing the operation, a socket BIO is automatically created to interface between the ssl and fd. The BIO and hence the SSL engine inherit the behaviour of fd. If fd is non-blocking, the ssl will also have non-blocking behaviour. If there was already a BIO connected to ssl, BIO_free() will be called (for both the reading and writing side, if different). SSL_set_rfd() and SSL_set_wfd() perform the respective action, but only for the read channel or the write channel, which can be set independently. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: 0 The operation failed. Check the error stack to find out why. 1 The operation succeeded. SEE ALSO
SSL_get_fd(3), SSL_set_bio(3), SSL_connect(3), SSL_accept(3), SSL_shutdown(3), ssl(3) , bio(3) 1.0.0e 2000-09-16 SSL_set_fd(3SSL)