AIX FlashCopy on ESS

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AIX FlashCopy on ESS
# 1  
Old 02-28-2007
AIX FlashCopy on ESS

Hi

We are running AIX5.3 on pseries 570. We have IBM ESS SAN stroage attached. We need to kick off flashcopy backups on the SAN. I have installed the CLI software but am missing a fileset. ibm2105esscli.rte or ibm2105cli.rte
This fileset contains the commands that can be issued from AIX to execute commands on the SHARK.

Terry
# 2  
Old 03-16-2007
Suggest you contact IBM - seems like this is something they should be able to tell you on where to get the cli file(s) - found the following info but I didn't see where to get the cli: Support for 2105 ESS
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies

2. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

3. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

4. AIX

Flashcopy, ghost hdisk ??

Hi all, I'm getting some errors on AIX regarding Flashcopy and volume group hard disks. The script that activates flashcopy showed this errors: Recreating Flashcopy for lun01_A1 Performing syntax check... Syntax check complete. Executing script... Script execution complete. SMcli... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enux
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

6. AIX

IBM SAN Storage DS4700 - Copy Mirror Flashcopy

Hello, Does anyone know how to copy SAN Storage logical disks from IBM TotalStorage Software. I have a SAN Logical Disk of 200GB mounted on my AIX LPAR_1 via fibre channel fcs0 I would like to make an exact copy of the SAN Logical Disk from IBM totalStorage and mount it on AIX LPAR_2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

7. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with SDD, SAN ESS and AIX 5.3 Host

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djdavies
1 Replies

9. AIX

urgent problems with ESS SAN, SDD upgrade on AIX 5.3 server

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djdavies
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question