kdevelop build project error

Top Forums Programming kdevelop build project error
# 1  
Old 04-03-2009
kdevelop build project error

Hi,
I am starting to learn how to use KDevelop. I have a console program with .cc, .h and Makefile. To work it in KDevelop, I firstly create a C++ Simple Hello World program, remove the single existing target in the project
and also the auto-created main.cpp. Then I copy my .cc and .h files into the "src" directory, and add them into the "Header noisny" in the lower panel of Automake Manager. Now I tried "Build Project" but get error:
Quote:
cd '/home/lehe/absurdity_kdev/debug' && WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1" WANT_AUTOMAKE_1_6="1" gmake -k -j1
*** Exited with status: 2 ***
Can anyone help to fix this problem? Thanks a lot!
# 2  
Old 04-05-2009
Is there any other error info? that post doesn't contain an error.

Why are you adding cc files to the headers listing? they're not headers.

Removing the target tells it to build nothing at all. It needs a target.

Questions about kdevelop rather than actual programming may be better placed in the software forums. kdevelop's not the language or the compiler, it just uses them (badly).

Lastly, I don't reccomend kdevelop due to its addiction to automake.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Build Error

I am facing a problem while building the device driver code. I am using suse linux "2.6.31.5-0.1-desktop" on my Laptop. I have copied a folder containing self written device driver files from Mandriva linux to my system having Suse Linux. I copied the entire folder in "/home/netuser/sun/".... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Build Error: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

I'm getting the following Error: prepare_pcap.c: In function `prepare_pkts': prepare_pcap.c:127: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type prepare_pcap.c:138: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ==================================== This is the part of the relevant... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: katwala
8 Replies

3. Linux

KDevelop And Subversion

Hi How I Can Configure KDevelop to Use A Subversion on Local Network System. When I Want to Create New Project, I See A Error With This Message: "Fail to create project directories on repository" What is My Problem??? Help Me Please!!! My KDevelop Version is: 3.0.5 My Subversion is: 1.5.0 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hotjava
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kdevelop problem install

Dear All I am trying to install KDevelop 3.0.0. on Mandrake 9.2. I have installed all the required dependencies but for some reason when I configure KDevelop it can't find Berkeley DB...although I know its on the system. I just installed it. I'm quite perplexed. Can anyone help? Last line of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: u6ik
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question