Scan binary for Clearcase version number?

Top Forums Programming Scan binary for Clearcase version number?
# 1  
Old 03-19-2010
Scan binary for Clearcase version number?

Hi,
Would anyone know how to detect a Clearcase version number from a binary?
I dont have a 1-1 source for the current running prod binary, and I would like to retreive it from Clearcase.

I tried the Unix strings command to find anything interesting, but without luck,

Thanks
# 2  
Old 03-22-2010
You can't just run:
Code:
$ cleartool -ver

instead?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Incrementing the New File Version Number

Hi, This is my first post here. I am using cygwin on Windows 7. I am starting with a data file with filename "name_1.ext", like "20180831_snapgenotypes_1.csv". The "_1" before ".ext" is a version number. Integers (0-99) are sufficient. They don't have to be like "1.0.0". The filename may... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: minimalist
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Incrementing the New File Version Number

Hello All, In the below script i am trying to check and list the file names, get the last file with highest version number and then increment the version number when i create another file. Example: file1 is COBANK_v1.xml and file2 i want to put it as COBANK_v2.xml, to achieve this i am using awk... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering out duplicates with the highest version number

Hi, I have a huge text file with filenames which which looks like the following ie uniquenumber_version_filename: e.g. 1234_1_xxxx 1234_2_vfvfdbb 343333_1_vfvfdvd 2222222_1_ggggg 55555_1_xxxxxx 55555_2_vrbgbgg 55555_3_grgrbr What I need to do is examine the file, look for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mantis
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Portable Shell Script - Determine Which Version of Binary is Installed?

I currently have a shell script that utilizes the "Date" binary - this application is slightly different on OS X (BSD General Commmand) and Linux systems (gnu date). In particular, the version on OS X requires the following to get a date 14 days in the future "date -v+14d -u +%Y-%m-%d" where gnu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colinjohnson
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

summing the digits of a binary nuMBER

please help me write a perl program to find the difference of 1 and zeros of a 6 digit binary number. eg If input is 111100 expected output +2 if input is 000011 expected output -2 input is 000111 expected output 0 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying a number in binary using perl

printf FH2" 3'b%b : begin\n",$i; where i is an integer in the loop is displaying 3'b1 : begin expected output was 3'b001 : begin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
1 Replies

7. Linux

Request: Compile Earlier Version of XTIDE and upload XTTPD binary on 64 bit Linux

Can someone try to compile this older version of xtide (attached) on 64-bit Intel/Linux and upload the xttpd binary? I have a friend who needs an older version up and running because the newer version does not support his required harmonic files. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNATS Version Number

Hi, I have inherited a box containing the GNATS Bug Reporting System. My manager has asked me to find out which version of GNATS us running on it but I have yet to find a way to do so. Any advice? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

9. AIX

how to find out the compiler version and OS from binary file

Command to get the Compiler version(xlc/gcc) from the binary on AIX platform. I m searching for the Command, to get the Compiler(xlc/gcc) used to build the binary on AIX. I got two commands used on Linux Platform: - readelf -a <lib> | grep comment - hexdump -C -s 0x49e7b -n 1812 <lib> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of lines in Binary file

Hi Friends Please help me out to count number of lines in binary file. It gives some wrong(less) using wc -l. Is there any other way to count lines of binary file. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question