Automate screen with shell

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automate screen with shell
# 1  
Old 01-13-2010

Hi all !
I'm trying to automate an SQL process that is running manually, but it involves in one step the use of an application to run a screen where you have to write some data, is there a way to do this with a shell ?? the application is informix and of course I don't hace the source code !!!!! I've been looking around for an asnwer and found nothing !!!!

Thanks ! help will be highly appreciated !!!

Egm
Smilie
# 2  
Old 01-13-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzq71k
Hi all !

I'm trying to automate an SQL process that is running manually, but it involves in one step the use of an application to run a screen where you have to write some data
It may be possible. If the input process is simple enough, it could be accomplished with shell redirection, or if it insists on talking to a real terminal, the 'expect' language might help. Could you be more specific about what input it needs?
# 3  
Old 01-13-2010

Yes, the user selects within a list and then inputs the date, for example

1 - Option 1
2 - option 2
the user clicks over option 1 and another list appears

3 - option 3
4 - option 4
and clicks over option 4 and then another window is shown where he inputs a date and clicks over a button.

I believe it sounds very complex when you put it into words but that is the way this process works.

=D
# 4  
Old 01-18-2010
clicks over? it uses the mouse?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Automate DIRECTORY ENTRY when in remote SHELL

Good day all I am trying to figure out how to automate the command in a shell script that i have written. Some context: The script does the following on the local host #!/bin/sh banner 'QikCopy' echo "Please insert file name for SCP command!" read file DUMMY scp -p $file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrRobot
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate the menu options using shell script

I have a menu option which will look as follows Select a menu option 1.change password 2.login as root user 3.show system version 4.quit Select> 1 please enter the new password: unix reenter the new password: unix press any key to enter (then displays again the menu options to enter the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakumar6g
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating a shell script to automate svnstats process

Hi, I am trying to create a shell script to automate the following process of getting svn stats:- Step1:- cd to checkout location. Note that the checked code have multiple modules in respective folders Step2:- Execute this command inside each module:- svn log -v --xml >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: d8011
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate SSH remote connection with a shell script

Hi Guys! I am trying to write a shell script for automated ssh. vairable user and passwd have initialized correctly, but when I use the following it still prompting me for the password. #!/usr/bin/bash user='root@10.14.76.225' passwd='admin' ssh $user $passwd uptime exit I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate emailing via shell script

Hi, I am struggling to send my email via shell script. I can type the command in and it works pefectly: mail -s "subject" email@email.co.email < text_to_sendHowever if I try and automate it it fails. I have tried setting variables for all aspects (mail, email addr, subject, message) with no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate CVS login using shell script

Hi, Can anyone pls help me to automate login to cvs. I basically want to login to cvs and update a file. the script always gets to the login and returns the prompt for a password. Is there any way to send the password in the script itself. Here is the script: #!/bin/ksh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to automate email alert

Hi all, I have a task on my plate which is of high priority. I need an automated email alert that checks FTP notices subdirectory on a daily basis and forwards any word files to a group of people. This word files gets created whenever there is an issue with FTP connectivity. Please help...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate shell script

I would like to automate script where i do not have to manually insert the username and password I wrote two different scripts but not able to achieve the results: here's to scripts i wrote #!/bin/bash cd /var/tmp /home/server/steve/pca --askauth -idx /opt/app/bin/expect <<EOF expect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam786
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to Automate

I would like to automate script where i do not have to manually insert the username and password I wrote two different scripts but not able to achieve the results: here's to scripts i wrote #!/bin/bash cd /var/tmp /home/server/steve/pca --askauth -idx /opt/app/bin/expect <<EOF expect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam786
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to Automate Package Installation

Hi, I have been asked to automate the package installation through shell script. I have 10 packages to be installed and in that 4 packages requires additional DB information(Host Name, Credentials etc) to be passed and for remaining 6 packages i need to provide the "Yes" - "No" . I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muhilan.r
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question