forward emails with specific subject line

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers forward emails with specific subject line
# 1  
Old 03-16-2004
forward emails with specific subject line

Is there a way to forward email from user1@mydomain.com to user2@mydomain.com only when the subject line is "this subject"?

I figure it would be done with .forward somehow if it is possible.

I'm using Red Hat 9 and sendmail.
# 2  
Old 03-17-2004
Quick answer: Yes!

See Filtering FAQ for more assistance as doing it will require some reading/understanding.
# 3  
Old 03-17-2004
I see how it would help me forward emails with certain subjects to a folder, but how would I actually forward those emails on to another email address?
# 4  
Old 03-17-2004
See the man page for forward or aliases - look for the section on Automatic Forwarding - it's all about forwarding a copy to another email address - you just need to incorporate the two functions - filters and forwarding.
# 5  
Old 03-17-2004
I got it working now. man pages for procmailrc helped me with the last step.

Thanks!

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

append dates going forward from today to certain line in shell script

Hi there, I have a requirement to append dates going forward to a certain line in a file. I'm not sure of how to go about this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Slyesco:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slyesco
2 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Iptables forward traffic to forward chain!!!

Hi, I am new to linux stuff. I want to use linux iptables to configure rule so that all my incoming traffic with protocol "tcp" is forwarded to the "FORWARD CHAIN". The traffic i am dealing with has destination addresss of my machine but i want to block it from coming to input chain and somehow... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsipk
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to read a specific line and a specific field on that line.

Say the input was as follows: Brat 20 x 1000 32rf Pour 15 p 1621 05pr Dart 10 z 1111 22xx My program prompts for an input, what I want is to use the input to locate a specific field. Like if I type in, "Pou" then it would return "Pour" and just "Pour" I currently have this line but it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bungkai
6 Replies

4. Debian

Forward a specific incoming mail to a user

Hi There Not sure if this is the correct place for this. I'm running Sendmail on a Debian box and want to do the following. e-mail comes in from userk@domain.co.za and is destined for usera@mydomain.co.za, but i want all mail from userk@domain.co.za to go to userb@mydomain.co.za. Sendmail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxjunkie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perform some operation on a specific coulmn starting from a specific line

I have a txt file having rows and coulmns, i want to perform some operation on a specific coulmn starting from a specific line. eg: 50.000000 1 1 1 1000.00000 1000.00000 50000.000 19 19 3.69797533E-07 871.66394 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.forward for forwarding emails

Hi, I want to forward my emails to a different email account on Unix. I created a .forward file with just one line in it. forward_to@yahoo.com The emails are not getting forwarded to the forward_to email address, instead they are going to my original inbox. Is it required that I run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxtron
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables this is where i am at grep -v WARNING output | grep -v spawn | grep -v Passphrase | grep -v Authentication | grep -v '/sbin/tfadmin netguard -C'| grep -v 'NETWORK>' >> output.clean grep -n Destination... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: todd.cutting
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail -s not showing subject on emails

Hi, I have a cron job that creates backups nightly and sends me an email with output from the script. I'm recieving the email and the output; however, the subject field is always empty. Here is what I have in my crontab 00 23 * * * sh /test_backup/test_script | mail -s "Backups"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail: forward mail changing subject

Hi there, I receive job applications sent by a website daemon. The email subject contains the job offer description. The problem is that gmail tends to concatenate emails with the same subject and I don't really want all applications in the same email. Thus the from field contains the candidate... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
0 Replies

10. Linux

send mail purtcular subject forward

Hai can you help it out i am using send mail server in that some messages are teged with spam that messages has to forwaded to putecular Id and it has to removed from the user. s.sheik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_sheik
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question