PHP-MySQL: POST issue

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PHP-MySQL: POST issue
# 1  
Old 06-30-2004
PHP-MySQL: POST issue

I am moving from a shared hosting environment to a dedicated box. The migration also involves a mySQL database managed using a web-based PHP interface.

I can read the contents of the db (connection is good) but when I try to administer, the form variables aren't going from step 1 (add) to step 2 (confirm).

It looks like the variables aren't POSTing -- How can I be sure that POST is set correctly? The form is based on what worked before, so it looks like it has to be something related to the directory ro permissions.

Thanks,
Adrian

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

UPDATE COmmand post comparing 2 columns in 2 mysql tables

my queryis : select distinct m.name, item_count, item from master m join client p on m.name=p.name where item_count = 1 and item > 1; But how should I update them? i used update statetment : Update from client Set item =1 where m.name=p.name and item_count=1 AND item>1 Is this wrong? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siya@
1 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Migration of website... PHP/Mysql -which path for DB.php

Hi, I have two websites: website1.com and website2.com I didn't write either but have successfully moved all the files from website1.com to website2.com I (thought) I installed all the correct php modules and website2 is mostly up and running. However, my boss found that when we go to a... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue mysql in bash script

I'm running mysql in a bash script mysql <<EOF query EOF one query is like this: UPDATE $dbname.$prefix"config" SET value = $var WHERE "$prefix"config.name = 'table colname'; with variable but it's giving an error i'm not sure what to put for "$prefix"config.name the table... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

4. Programming

LEFT JOIN issue in Mysql

I have a data table as follows: mysql> select * from validations where source = "a03"; +------------+-------+--------+ | date | price | source | +------------+-------+--------+ | 2001-01-03 | 80 | a03 | | 2001-01-04 | 82 | a03 | | 2001-01-05 | 84 | a03 | | 2001-01-06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. Linux

mysql server start issue

Hi, I have installed mysql in linux box as mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_6.6.. I would like to start the server. But there is no mysql file in this location /etc/init.d/ Please advice how to start the server now !! Thnaks, Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
5 Replies

6. Web Development

Strange Mysql issue

Hi all, I recently changed the name of my hostname from 'abc123' to 'abc456' (as an example). I then added a user in my mysql database with the new host and removed references to the old users and hostname. The strange thing is though, a process using the database still uses the old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
1 Replies

7. Programming

derefencing issue with perl and mysql

I've tried every type of dereferencing I can think of but I still can't get to array data. #!/usr/bin/perl use DBI; use DBD::mysql; use DBI qw(:sql_types); $hostname = "localhost"; $database = "c2"; $username = "user"; $password = "password"; $dbh =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_becker
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

mysql query browser issue

Hi, I'm new to mysql, I've installed MYSQL on our unix server and started MYSQL on this server. I've now downloaded MYSQL Query Browser, when I try to connect to MYSQL server, I get the following error "could not connect to the specified instance" - MySQL Error Number 1130. From the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysql issue

I have a lot of files getting this on a new install of phpmysql 4.3.4 any ideas what would be causing this... Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /home/httpd/vhosts/ucandevelopments.com/httpdocs/includes/functions/database.php on line 19 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blackrose
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
MYSQL_GET_SERVER_INFO(3)						 1						  MYSQL_GET_SERVER_INFO(3)

mysql_get_server_info - Get MySQL server info

SYNOPSIS
Warning This extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_get_server_info(3) o PDO::getAttribute string mysql_get_server_info ([resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves the MySQL server version. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns the MySQL server version on success or FALSE on failure. Example #1 mysql_get_server_info(3) example <?php $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } printf("MySQL server version: %s ", mysql_get_server_info()); ?> The above example will output something similar to: MySQL server version: 4.0.1-alpha mysql_get_client_info(3), mysql_get_host_info(3), mysql_get_proto_info(3), phpversion(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_GET_SERVER_INFO(3)