Linux Security help..! Thanks

Special Forums Cybersecurity Linux Security help..! Thanks
# 1  
Old 02-11-2006
Question Linux Security help..! Thanks

I am newer to Linux/Unix/RedHat etc... I run a Linux root server with some 55 domain names, about 3 months ago the server was exploited. I need some good advice as far as Firewell's go and getting everything up and running. It was a pain in my *** and cost a lot of time and money.. Thanks!
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Linux kernel Security

Hey Folks, What are the ways we can provide security to kernels. How can I make my Kernel Unique and not allow anyone to replace my Unique kernel with a standard one. How can i implement measures to avoid any user to replace or modify GRUB and Kernel...? Need help on this Thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
8 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Question on a security package on linux

Hello everyone , I want to implement a new firewall, detection system on my network composed of some 200 computers as follows: The fire wall would be a linux box with router, L7 iptable and also snort as IDPS system. These are my questions: 1. Is there any security consideration regarding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedkamel
0 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Linux and Windows Configuration Security

Hi, I have the following situation and proposed solution: SITUATION I have a notebook computer. The manufacturer ships the hardware with a Windows OS (either XP Pro, Vista or Windows 7). They provide support only for a Windows OS. Also, I am not sure how fuss-free it is to use any Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanz
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux security patches

Hi all, :) I'm quite new with installation of security patches in Linux Redhat Enterprise, here's my question. I have 2 machine of this RHEL(never patch before) since it never connects directly to the internet(block by firewall) and I want to update the patches now because my boss asked me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flekzout
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux security

Hi all. I'm so new to Linux I don't even know where to start. I'm running sles 9 and I've had it up for 2 days now. I'd like to start with information on how to secure my server. I want to use it for hosting my personal web site and email eventually. Does anyone know of a good site that will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jreid08
2 Replies

6. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Solaris vs Linux Security

have a look: http://www.softpanorama.org/Solaris/Whitepaper/index.shtml#Executive_Summary gP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
mhc(1)							      General Commands Manual							    mhc(1)

NAME
mhc2palm - add/copy articles from mhc to PalmOS. SYNOPSIS
mhc2palm [options] files... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mhc2palm commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. mhc2palm is a program that add or copy articles from mhc to PalmOS. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -a Add mhc articles to a palm. all the original records of the palm will remain. -i Copy mhc articles into the palm. all the original records of palm will be lost. -n Do nothing effectives. Useful for checking. -d dev Set the device file connected to the palm. default value is /dev/pilot. -r dir Set repository directory of the mhc. default is ~/Mail/schedule. YYYYMMDD-yyyymmdd set a start and end date of scanning mhc. if omitted, scan from 3 months ago to 3 months after. SEE ALSO
adb2mhc(1) gemcal(1), mhc-sync(1), palm2mhc(1), today(1), mhc(5). AUTHOR
This program was written by Yoshinari Nomura <nom@quickhack.net> and this manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 23 Jun 2000 mhc(1)