Sendmail, Cyrus, Dovecot

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sendmail, Cyrus, Dovecot
# 1  
Old 06-10-2009
Sendmail, Cyrus, Dovecot

I've been using Sendmail for several months - no problem. Shortly, a need appeared to provide remote access to mail - POP3/IMAP. I worked a little with Dovecot, and there was some success, than I read that Cyrus is cooler or so, like better for production sites because it makes links and not copies of mass mails etc, tried to migrate to it - nothing. I thought that was a problem with my Sendmail configuration. I've downloaded a lot of info, read th op.pdf for Sednamil to the half, also some mans, now I installed Dovecot again - just for a try if it will work - it worked from the first moment, perfectly (almost). After I edited its conf and added pop3, it worked just perfectly, at all. Question: what's the problem about Cyrus? Why does Dovecot work and Cyrus does not? And what do I have to do to make Cyrus also work perfectly like Dovecot already does?
Thanks in advance.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configure Cyrus SASL NTLM Plugin with Postfix

Hello I hope somebody can help with this. I have a shell, that in case of failure, sends an email (relaying through an Exchange Server). This Exchange server only offers NTLM authentication. 250-AUTH NTLM This is the configuration I have: Postfix 2.1.1 as client. Cyrus-SASL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viktor1985
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure Cyrus SASL NTLM Plugin with Postfix

Hello I hope somebody can help with this. I have a shell, that in case of failure, sends an email (relaying through an Exchange Server). This Exchange server only offers NTLM authentication. 250-AUTH NTLM This is the configuration I have: Postfix 2.1.1 as client. Cyrus-SASL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viktor1985
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cyrus Imap receiving via pop3?

Hi all, I'm building a webmail server (squirrelmail) using Cyrus IMAP... I just can't figure out how to receive pop3 email with imapd and sorting them in user email boxes.... Just right now I think it is not possible with Cyrus IMAP, but what program should I use them to receive pop3 email... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raymax83
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question