Build an Ethernet Frame in C

Top Forums Programming Build an Ethernet Frame in C
# 1  
Old 04-24-2010
Build an Ethernet Frame in C

Hi, I must build an ethernet frame in C! How I can do it?
prompt
# 2  
Old 04-24-2010
Just out of curiosity, why?
# 3  
Old 04-24-2010
Thank for your reply! I'm studing operatives system and my theacher tell us how to build a socket raw! He also tells us that in linux we can build a link layer frame but he doesn't explain us how!

P.s.
Sorry for my english.... I'm italian and I'm learning now the language...
prompt
# 4  
Old 05-08-2010
I found this.. RAW ethernet

bye..
prompt
# 5  
Old 05-08-2010
Glad you found what you were looking for. BTW, this is more commonly known as raw socket programming.
# 6  
Old 05-11-2010
See the use of hping2 too ..

This is a swiss army knife tool and can frame any kind of packets/frames.

Its an open source code, written in C, if you wish you may look at those code too. Google it.
# 7  
Old 05-11-2010
Very interesting... thanks...
prompt
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

(VS 2008) New build config looking files from other folder build config

Hi Team, My new build configuration always looking for the files from the build where i copied from. please help me to resolve this. I am using Visual studio 2008.It has Qt 4.8. plugins,qml,C++ development I created new debug_new build configuration with additional preprocessor from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
1 Replies

2. Hardware

Faulty parts in a frame

Hello, Following parts need to be replaced in a frame as suggested by IBM 1. Flexible Cable 2. Service Processor Card Would these faulty parts impact all lpars which are there in this frame? Best regards, Vishal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build.xml invocation by Build Script

Hi I have a build.xml file and I can run it on Windows via cmd. Now I want to write a script to invoke the same. Is there a way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding SDK Build on Kernel Source Build

Hi, So I downloaded this kernel source and was able to build it successfully. But I want to add this SDK source code inside, can anyone help me how to do this? Note that the SDK source can be built by itself. I added the SDK in the main Makefile: init-y := init/ #added SDK... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

5. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

6. Web Development

buttons links in frame

Happy X-Mas to all members... Hi, I have one html file page1.html as below <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Utilities</TITLE> </HEAD> <FRAMESET ROWS="5%,95%"> <FRAME SRC="frames1.html" NAME=SIDEBAR> <FRAME SRC="frames2.html" NAME=SAMPLE> </FRAMESET> </HTML> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
0 Replies

7. Programming

Help receiving a frame in C!

Hello everybody, I have a problem with a program i'm coding, the thing is that i need the program to check quickly if it receives a response, if not, just go ahead. My program sends the frame successfully, but it keeps waiting for the response until it receives something. That's what i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

form results in frame

I used a script posted here to get my form results in a frame; which works great on first submit, BUT, creates a new set of frames in the form window on second submit. I've set the targets to the frame names. Anyone have any suggestions? thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walkacrossfire
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

removing frame charecters

Hi I have a requirement as follows. My Input file is as follows. COL1,COL2,COL3,COL4,COL5 987,2,3~7~5,400~468~598,0005~4687~5980 1111,2,2~7,400~468,0005~897 Expected OUTPUT ============ COL1,COL2,COL3,COL4,COL5 987,2,3,400,0005 987,2,7,468,4687 987,2,5,598,5980 1111,2,2,400,0005... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

frame multiple lines into one

Hi, i have a file with contents like below ( any number of entries can be there) 111 222 333 444 555 i need to make another file with single line like below: 111,222,333,444,555 (without ending , ) TIA Prvn (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
8 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question