Ugrade OpenSSL on Centos 5.5

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ugrade OpenSSL on Centos 5.5
# 1  
Old 07-25-2010
Upgrade OpenSSL on Centos 5.5

Hi,
I have been trying to upgrade my OpenSSL for a while now, tried looking for guides on the forums and found nothing.

I am trying to be able to use the "openssl version" command to be able to see the newer version

I compiled openssl-1.0.0a with vanilla config at start, then compiled it with
Code:
./config --prefix=/usr/local --openssldir=/usr/local/openssl

configurations
It didnt help me and my OS still shows the older version:
Code:
[root@login openssl-1.0.0a]# openssl version
OpenSSL 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 01 Jul 2008

is there any way i can fix this so the openssl will link to the newer version?

Thanks in advanced
Amit

Last edited by pludi; 07-25-2010 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: code tags, please...

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

OpenSSL

I just started playing around with Unix's OpenSSL utility. I can't seem to get the hang of it, and the man page isn't helping much. I wanted to experiment with file encryption, so I created a dummy text file with one line of text and tried to encrypt it using DES. I used the following command: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Version of OpenSSL being used

Hello I'm relatively new to technologies like Apache & ssl but have some years experience with Unix. My question concerns the version of OpenSSL which is genuinely being used on our server & how is that set. The server is running Solaris 10. I'll show output from various commands: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CHoggarth
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Openssl 0.9.8r

Hi Peeps, Having trouble compiling openssl 0.9.8r on Solaris 10 x86. The make test fails when running the shatests (segmentation faults). There is a PROBLEM file that references a file called values.c. Anyone know whereabouts in the source tree you put this file as the file doesn't tell you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using openssl

All, I am new to openssl and I have not been able to figure out exactly how to use it. What I need to do is to create a shell script which FTPS's (SFTP is not allowed on my project) a file to a mainframe. The mainframe will not initiate a session with my server. Question. Are the packages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openssl help

I ungraded my openssl on sun solaris 8 from openssl 0.9.6c to openssl 0.9.6g the ungrade went fine but when I tried to ssh in to server, I received the following error message "ld.so.1: ./sshd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced symbol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question